Chapter Thirty-Five

Kai's Pov

a/n: before this chapter starts😭 i bet this is not what you guys expected at all. but dont hate me😭 ALSO I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST DALTON GOMEZ THIS IS JUST FOR THE BOOK.

So here I was; at the hospital with Victoria, Courtney, and Pete. And to make matters worse, the paparazzi crowded around the building. I hadn't even been able to see Ari yet. "So what happened?" I asked the girls. We were sitting in the waiting room, for almost two hours now. I was surprised Pete even stayed.

"I'm not sure. I walked in as it all happened." Victoria explained. "She was with some guy..."

"What guy?" I said furrowing my eyebrows. Victoria knew all of Ariana's friends. There was no way in hell, this was someone I knew. Because I knew majority of them, and Victoria would've known who this was. "H-H-him." She said, pointing to a fairly tall guy, who was walking towards us along with a nurse.

"Grande's family?" She announced, causing some people to look up. "Yes, that's us." I said as the four of us stood up. "Right this way," She turned around into a hallway with the guy still trailing behind her. Soon enough, we reached the second floor of the hospital, after an awkward elevator ride. The nurse stood in the middle with the guy on the left side of her, us four stood crunched up in the right corner. "Mr. Gomez, you'll show them the way to Ms. Grande's room?" The nurse asked once we made it to the second floor.

"Mhm," He nodded with a light smile.

"Thank you."

"No problem, nurse Jen." He said. "Um... Ari's room is right this way." We followed him down the hall to 205, which was Ari's room number. He knocked on the door, before hearing the "come in" from Ariana. As we all walked in, my eyes went wide, but Courtney beat me to talking.

"First, what the hell happened to you? Second, not to be rude, but who the hell is this guy?" She questioned, with both concern and anger. I wasn't so much as mad, I was confused. Who was he and why what happened to Ari? No a better question, why was he even in my house? Ari said she was gonna be alone.

"Courtney!" Ariana scolded. "I'm sorry for my friend." She told the guy.

"It's okay." He shrugged.

"Anyways, this is my friend Dalton," Ariana introduce.

"Nice to meet you all." He smiled, he turned to me, "So, Ariana told me you're her best friend, it's especially nice to meet you."

"Thanks but—"

"—but you're hungry, which is why I'll meet you later at home." Ariana said weirdly.

Victoria looked at Ariana with confusion, "Girl, we just got here."

"I know, but I'm sure you guys have better things to do."

"Actually we don't." All four of us said at the same time, this was Pete's first time talking.

"Pete? Why are you here?" Ariana denounced.

"I—"

I cut him off. "—because he's worried just like us. And you just don't seem to care." This is when I really took notice in her injuries, she had a bruise on her neck, a broken arm, and a medium sized scar on her forehead. "So what the hell happened?"

"I- I just fell off the counter." She shrugged.

"Why were you on the counter?" Courtney asked. "Because I couldn't reach my chips."

"But we have a step tool." I said confused.

"I think I'm gonna go. Text you later, Ari," Dalton smiled as he walked out.