Chapter Forty-Seven

Kai's Pov

It was two weeks later and everything seemed to be way worse. We hadn't done a show in two weeks because of a lot of tour complications, which meant tour would be extended. We gave people refunds of course, despite a lot came out of our own pockets. At the moment, we were all stuck in NY. The weather had taken a turn for the worst, we got snowed in, cancelling our shows for this week. Everyone was also pretty tense; Ariana missed her pets, the Texas show got pushed back which Normani hated, Camila had writers block for the past couple days, Victoria and Courtney missed their girlfriend's, Pete missed his daughter and girlfriend, and I missed tour, my family and being able to actually travel.

Instead of getting a hotel, we stayed at Ari (and Pete's) New York home. It was kinda weird. Ari and I hadn't spoken much, it seemed like she was going through a lot with tour complications so I didn't bother her. And Camila, oddly enough, she kept her distance, almost like she was avoiding me but I suspected she had something planned. Pete also got a new chest tattoo, which reads, "baby davidson," a tribute to baby Bella, or what me and Pete called her, little Davidson. Everyone else avoided the awkwardness and made the best out of everything.

I continued to punch the black punching bag, striking harder with each punch. I let out my emotions through boxing and music, but since I hadn't been writing that often, boxing kept me off the couch. "4 am boxing again, huh?" I heard, drawing my attention to the door frame, rather than the bag.

I smiled at the Italian, as my body remained covered in sweat. "What better way to entertain me? And keep me from gaining weight?"

"I heard kissing burns a lot of calories, maybe you should switch up your workout routine..." She smirked, daring closer toward me.

"Babe, I'm sweaty as fuck right now,"

"So?"

"I'm tired, out of breath, and sore."

"Just how I like you," She flirted, wrapping her arms around my neck. "Hi," She said randomly.

"Hi," I smiled at her cuteness, and her baby tone. "Hi baby," She said once again.

"Hi love,"

"Hi,"

I chuckled, pecking her on the lips, "You must've missed me."

"I do," She smiled as a matter of a fact. "It appears that the guest room bed is more comfy than laying with me," She pouted, doing a small British accent. "Babe," I laughed, "You know, I can't take you serious while you're doing that accent. But it isn't, trust me. You've just been going through a lot so I've given you your space."

"Thank you, baby,"

"Of course Gummy,"

We stared in each other's eyes for a minute. Her eyes reminded me of space, it was like she could see right through me. They were just regular brown to some, but if you looked close enough, you could see the galaxies in her eyes. They were soft, caring, lovable, big, I just loved them. But I wondered what Ari would always see looking into mine.

Ariana finally broke the silence by checking her phone, "4:13." She stated, "Everyone's sleep— except us two of course— maybe we can..." She trailed off with a smirk.

"I would, but boxing made me so sore,"

She groaned. I held her hands, while looking deeply into her eyes, "I'll make it up to you, baby. I promise,"

"Okay," She smiled once again, kissing my cheek. Ariana went to her room, as I decided to shower, cleaning all sweat off me. As the warm water roamed my body, I thought about everything that troubled my mind. This year would be 2 years without Mac, one year without Cameron and Nick, those are things I wasn't particularly ready for. I worried for baby Bella, knowing her health had been a constant issue, I worried about my relationship with Ariana, would she cheat again? I worried about Camila, she stayed quiet and she seemed drained. But I worried about Pete as well, I couldn't imagine always getting daily calls about baby Bella's inconsistent health rates.