Chapter Fifty-One

Kai's Pov

I dropped my phone.

Luckily, I was laying with Ari on the bed so in didn't crack.

I got up to go in the closet, to grab some of my clothes. "Baby! What the fuck? What happened?" Ariana asked, as I dug through the bags to find clothes.

"Uh— um— it's C-Camila." I said, feeling myself break down. "She's i—in the h—hos—pital."

"Fuck, um. You can't drive right now, I'll go with you," Ariana helped me find some clothes and got in clothes herself. She called her driver, because we didn't have a car in here Texas, and we weren't even able to make it to the hospital without paparazzi there.

I was panicking deep down. I cared about Camila so much, and despite us having out ups and downs, I refused to lose her. I guess Ariana felt my panick, because she grabbed onto my hand, holding it tight. How did the media even know what happened to Camila?

After out bodyguards were able to push us through the crowd, we entered the lobby, where Sofi, Camila's parents, and Normani sat there waiting, nobody's face looked any better than my numb one. With tears all in everyone's face, they looked up at us, with sad expressions, acknowledging our presence. We sat farther away, because Ariana knew I didn't like people to see me sad, even if it was family.

Hourd had passed, with silence in between a quiet me, and a equally scared and panicked Ariana. "I'm sorry," She said sadly, as I laid on her, waiting for any type of news. "Do you need anything to drink? Any food? Or anything thing at all?"

"No... I'm gonna go see what they know about Camila," I said getting up slowly. When I walked to the receptionist's desk, a doctor beat me to it and mumbled something to her, causing me to look up at me.

"I'm assuming your Kai?" She asked, catching me off guard. I nodded in response, barely being able to choke any words out. "Follow him," She said pointing to the doctor.

As I followed him down the halls, I was confused. Why wasn't any of Camila's family brought down here to see her as well? Why me? He stopped at a door, after a few flights of stairs. "Ms. Cabello requested you to be the first one she saw, sorry for the confusion," He chuckled lightly.

"Is she gonna be okay?" I asked, not bothering to deal with humor right now.

"She should be, this is a really rare thing. We ran tests on her to check for any diseases or medical conditions and we haven't found any. The cause was probably too much stress,"

"Is she gonna be able to finish tour?"

He smiled, "That shouldn't be a problem, she just has to take it easy for the first couple of shows,"

We talked a little more, before we both agreed it was time for me to be alone with Camila. I walked in the door, lightly closing it behind me, to see a familiar Cuban, hooked up to a bunch of fucking machines I didn't know the names of.

"Hey Mila," I said, giving a small smile as a walked in.

"Hi,"

"How are you feeling? Do you need anything? Your parents and Sofi are here if you wan—"

She laughed, "I'm fine. I wanted you only for a reason,"

"Oh," I said sheepishly. "Reason being?"

"You're my stress reliever," She smiled.

"Apparently I wasn't earlier," I sighed. I had forgotten it was only 2 am, it felt like the afternoon with how awoke I was.

"T—that was something different," She said biting her lip, "I was just under a lot of pressure last night. I was going through a lot."