31. Splendid China Folk Villages

Rowoon's POV

At Shenzhen Branch of M.IT Company.

I was glancing at my watch and saw the time was shown at 2.30 PM. We already finished with the sampling and now Hyeyoon was still compiling the data on her laptop. We were still at the Shenzhen Branch. Both of us sat in the cafeteria and quickly started to process the data after lunchtime.

I saw she was still busy typing on her laptop and I couldn't focus on mine. I stole a few glances toward her serious expression and diverted in between my laptop screen and her pretty face. There was a frown on her face. What's wrong?

I tried to peek at her laptop screen to check on what was going on, and Hyeyoon was seen checking her note and sketch before proceeded to type again.

"Is there anything wrong?" I asked her and she just raised her face slightly to check on me.

She shook her head. "Nothing, just do a double-check. I'm almost done," she answered shortly and back again with her laptop. Looking at her now focus expression and position had reminded me of her sketch that I still have in my drawer. I wasn't aware at that time that she took me as the model of her sketch because I knew, whenever I was busy with my laptop, I could be very careless with my surroundings and completely ignored everything but my things.

Just like this time, I could see why Hyeyoon was mesmerized by the view back then when I was too focused on my laptop. Like how I felt now, really enjoying the view in front of me and indeed, the view was unbelievably beautiful to see.

I was too mesmerized by my deep thinking and was jolted when Hyeyoon called my name and handed me his External Drive.

"Here, I've finished my data, you can compile this with yours then," she gave me the drive and I took it as I stored back my sanity before I could be seen as dumb while daydreaming in front of her.

"Okay," I was copying the data and massaging my temple upon waiting for the transfer to finish. Didn't realize that Hyeyoon was staring at me and looking at my expression.

"Are you tired?" her soft voice was stunned me for a split second before I raised my face to look at her intense gaze at me. She showed concern yet her gaze still felt a bit cold as last night.

I blinked a few times then shook my head. "No, I'm fine," in fact, I was literally fine. But the uncomfortable awkwardness between me and Hyeyoon was somewhat disturbing me. I didn't like the feeling of being this awkward around her. Yet I had no idea how to fix that. I was afraid that I might offend her more or made her more uncomfortable around me, making things even more awkward.

She was seen leaning her back to the backrest and crossing her arms, waiting for me to finish my part. I quickly checked on her work and it was already pretty good. I combined her slide to my slide and as I was done with mine, and hers was already looked good. The data combining was done pretty fast.

I ejected her drive and gave it back to her. "Is it done?" I was about to shut down my laptop when she sounded while taking her drive from me.

I stared at her and nodded. "Yes," I closed the laptop lid and started to gathered my belongings as she followed to get her stuff. I checked the time and it was still 3.00 PM. We finished quite early today; we still have more time before the video conference at 7 PM local time. "What do you want for dinner, Hyeyoon?" I started to ask her as we now walked to the lobby.

I saw the driver from afar and he immediately got up to get the car ready. Our car was seen already standby in front of the lobby.

Hyeyoon was seen contemplating when we got into the car. She realized I was anticipating her answer and she finally answered, "I have no idea, actually. I'm good with anything, though," she replied eventually.