20. The Engagement Party

Ding!

1 message received.

Rowoon was looking at the mirror while buttoning his shirt when he heard his phone dinged. Rowoon took it and saw a message from Inseong. They were gathered at the venue in an hour. He glanced at the digital clock and it was shown at 4.30 PM.

The guy typed the reply fast and dropped the phone on the drawer. Checking his look in the mirror, Rowoon took his suit and wore it fast. He was about to leave the closet room when he heard another notification alert.

Inseong replied again, didn't bother to open the full message, he glanced at the notification panel on the screen.

Inseong Hyung

4.31 PM

Hyeyoon will be here, too. With her boyfriend.
Are you okay?

He wasn't replying again and quickly locked the screen. He was putting the phone into the inside pocket of the suit and slowly grabbed the car key. His thought was dazed for a moment, thinking about the possibility of seeing her again after years.

Rowoon heard from the others that Hyeyoon now was together with someone else since a year ago. His feet led him without his consent to the second drawer at the corner of the closet room. His long arm reached out and opened the drawer. Her pictures and stuff have remained there. One of her photos while smiling at the camera peeked under the other stuff. His hand again automatically reached out to the piece. Rowoon stared to her pretty face and smile solemnly.

Inseong once said that he saw Hyeyoon was having lunch with her boyfriend a few days ago. Yongdae got the information from Jeein that they were together for a year. They met in Melbourne and the guy was a senior Doctoral degree at that time.

Rowoon snorted to all the information he got when he didn't even ask them to tell him everything. He decided to let her go, and that was the consequence, even Daniel mocked him once about that. They jokingly said that it was a wrong decision.

"Just admit that you're a fool, Kim Rowoon. For letting someone go when she loved you that much," Daniel Kang slapped him right in the face with his words. Though that jerk was drunk at that time. But what he said was right.

Rowoon slowly put back down the photo to its place and slid close the drawer. Even though he was a totally jerk and so idiot, but at least it was the best decision for both of them back then, moreover for her.

Brushing off all the thoughts, Rowoon took a long step and walked out of the closet room and leaving his condo.

Took around 15 minutes driving to reach the Park Hyatt Seoul Hotel where the venue was held and Rowoon stopped his car in front of the lobby. He dropped the car key to the valet parking and get in the lobby entrance.

He immediately saw Inseong and Daniel in front of the receptionist and Inseong waved his hand to him.

"Yo, Rowoon!" he called. Inseong scanned the tall guy's appearance from his head to toe and whistled. "Wow, dazzling," he punched the younger guy on his shoulder and Rowoon just smirked in reply.

"Where's Yongdae?" Rowoon asked to change their topic and just right when Inseong was about to answer, the one they talked about approaching from behind. He was wearing a silver tuxedo and all dressed up already.

"Wow," the three of them shouted at the same time. Teasing the guy.

"Shut up!" Yongdae blushed and punched both Daniel and Rowoon in the arms. Yongdae then brought them to the lounge in the restaurant to wait. The party was still in an hour and a half.