24. A Friendly Advice

Hyeyoon's POV.

I walked to the walk-in closet near my room and took a few pieces of clothes and tossed it into my opened luggage. It was Sunday morning, and I had to pack my stuff for the business trip.

The itinerary was concluded in the internal meeting the day before with me especially, but Kiyong was also there to listen, as he was the team leader for this project. Meanwhile, the M.IT Company General Manager was also sitting there with us along with Kim Rowoon.

The packed schedule was strictly discussed a day before as the company tried to make sure the days given was enough for us to reach all our destination. The first route was Xiamen and we were leaving at 6.25 PM today.

The General Manager was deeply apologizing upon the recent event at the warehouse and was actually offering to cancel the trip. But I thought it has nothing to do with the trip though and everything was fine. We were rescued except for Rowoon got injured. We all were good.

Before the meeting, I was wondering whether he treated his wound well or going to the hospital to get himself checked. But as the meeting began, he was seen sitting there beside the General Manager as nothing happened and looked well as usual. But it was weird that he was talking less than the last time at the warehouse, he only responded when he was asked. He mostly avoided my gaze when I tried to look and communicate with him.

My mind diverted back to the present and I sighed when reading the itinerary displayed on my phone screen. I already convinced myself that the 10 days business trip with Kim Rowoon would be nothing to do with our personal affairs. It was purely professional. But Jeein's comment earlier today unavoidably caused this unnecessary anxiety in my mind.

Through Yongdae, Jeein learned that I encountered again with Rowoon for business purposes. But she didn't know that I was assigned to a business trip together with him for 10 days. As I informed her of the news, she quickly doubted that there was nothing more between us as I explained.

Jeein looked very surprised and still in disbelief. Just the same as me, she wasn't expected the encounter between me and Rowoon at the time and place like this and as my current status as Jang Kiyong's girlfriend.

"Your bond with him is stronger than I thought, I definitely doubt there won't be nothing happened between the two of you alone," she shook her head fast and crossed her arms.

"What do you mean by too strong bond?" I furrowed an eyebrow and quickly judged the latter, which Jeein replied with a low scoff.

"Please, Hyeyoon. You might be able to deny every time and even lie to yourself, but I know you this well and I knew you never stopped thinking of him, Hyeyoon, do you?" Jeein straightened her posture and now completely facing me while we were sitting face to face on the couch.

Though I tried really hard not to shake, she was faster than me even she caught my eyes trembled and I lowered my head to hide my stupidity.

"Hyeyoon," she softly called my name and the girl raised my face just to let me looked into her eyes. "You have Kiyong, already, sweetheart. You know yourself it's not a good deed to betray him, right? It's not fair for him,"

"Yes, I know," my voice came out low and I cleared my throat.

"Have you told Kiyong about your previous relationship with Rowoon?" she asked and I slowly shook my head.

"Not yet," I replied. "I need time to prepare myself to tell him the whole story," I honestly told Jeein. I was actually reluctant to spill everything as I hate the idea to recall every detail in order to explain to Kiyong. That's why I hadn't told him the whole story.