21. Head of the Program Division, Kim Rowoon

Seoul traffic was hectic as usual. Workers were going to their office and morning activities were seen getting more hectic on Monday. Rowoon sped up his car when the traffic light turned green. The guy was focusing on the road, though his mind was somewhat floating to somewhere else.

It was his first day working at Seoul Branch, and the sudden notification from the Manager last night was bothered him as he couldn't focus on the first task he was assigned to. The call came late at night when he was told that today would be the first expose meeting from the construction company. He was delegated as the representative of the HQ authorization in Seoul to supervise the entire design and building process.

The designation itself wasn't a problem to Rowoon, but the fact that he was going to have rather intense interaction with the Architect was kind of distracting him. He would need to assist them as the designing process was essential to the whole project performance.

Rowoon subconsciously fidgeting with his fingers on the steering wheel upon nervously having the thoughts in his mind. He then learned that he was near to his destination as the navigation noticed him, they would arrive in 300 meters.

Rowoon then turned his car to the office area of his company. He drove to the drop-off and stopped. Security approached and immediately recognized him.

The guy with his dark gray office suit then stepped out from his car and the security bowed. "Good morning, Sir," he greeted.

Rowoon nodded and handed him the car key. The security grabbed the key while Rowoon proceeded to the main lobby. The receptionist saw him and stood up.

"Mr. Kim," she bowed. Rowoon approached her and the receptionist handed him his ID card, "your ID card is ready, Sir,"

Rowoon took the card and stared at his photo and the name below, he was the new Head of the Program Department. "Thank you," Rowoon then shortly replied before he left to the elevator.

Three years had been passed since he entered the company right after he graduated. His team won second place at the competition and a few companies offered him and his members a position. At that time Rowoon was still unsure of what path he should take. He thought his life was already in a mess with everything that happened. But no. He finally found a way to restart and rebuild.

He took the offer and started the beginning of his career from the bottom. Worked as a staff, he and his mom first moved from their old house to a smaller house in Seoul. After a lot of consideration, their family agreed to sell the remaining assets his father left and started anew at a different place.

His mom agreed to live with him in Beijing for about a year. When Rowoon got the chance to continue his master's degree in the Netherlands, he and his mom then went separated ways as he moved to Delft where Rowoon had his master's degree at the Delft University of Technology, meanwhile his mom wanted to move back to Seoul and live with his sister.

A full fund scholarship was provided by his company to prepare him as the future lead generation. Though the step he took was not easy, Rowoon did everything until he reached his position today. Struggle, challenge, and the competition was only the beginning of what he achieved today. Even for the Head of Program Department position, he wasn't the only candidate at that time. Through a strict selection, he finally achieved and was assigned to his current position.

As today was his first day officially started his work in Seoul, The General Manager called him for a short briefing.

Rowoon hit the 9th-floor button on the elevator. Two female employees were already inside. Rowoon started to hear the two of them were whispering and gasping. Rowoon rolled his eyes in annoyance, tried to ignore everything.