28. Avoiding a Scene

Because we started late this morning. I had just finished doing the sampling at around 2 PM. I glanced at my watch and got surprised to see the hours I had spent. I hadn't had my lunch, and now I was starving.

I told the supervisor who assisted me in touring the warehouse that I already got all the data I need and the sampling should be finished. The supervisor nodded and assisted me out of the warehouse to meet Rowoon at the office building.

He couldn't accompany me as he also got another task to do from the General Manager. The supervisor drove me back to the main office building and drop me off in front of the lobby. I thanked him and got out of the car. He informed me where to find Rowoon inside the building and excuse himself to leave as he has to come back to the warehouse.

I walked into the lobby and nodded as the receptionist greeted me. I informed me that I was here with Rowoon and the girl told me to go upstairs to the 5th floor then went straight to the Program Division.

Few employees were back to the office after lunchtime at this hour. I took the elevator and hit the 5th-floor button. When the elevator dinged, I stepped out and facing the Program Division door right in front of me.

I pushed the door open and saw a girl sitting on her desk. The staff were still out for lunch and not coming back yet. Only a few people inside.

"Excuse me?" I sounded to the girl and she raised her face. I smiled at her and proceed, "I'm Hyeyoon from Seoul, I'm here to see Kim Rowoon and I was informed that he's here," I told her and she immediately got it. She told me that the person I was looking for was inside their Chief office. I thanked her and headed to the Chief Office right away.

Clank!

I was right in front of the door when I heard a clanking sound. I instinctively leaned forward to make sure nothing was going on inside. I carefully knocked on the door twice and pushed the door slowly just to gasp in surprise upon seeing the view.

Rowoon was standing there tall and was leaning his back to the desk. He was seen holding a woman onto his chest and touching the lady's back lightly. While the woman was clinging to his body as if her body was completely depending on his tall posture to stand.

Anyone who saw them in that position would think exactly like me. I shut my mouth, unable to say anything. Both of them startled and turned around to see me, the intruder.

I froze. Not only stupidly pause from breathing, but I was also horrified as if I was witnessing a crime. My mind went blank and I couldn't utter a word. But I could see Rowoon was then pushing the lady aside slowly and stared at me as if he was being caught cheating.

"Hyeyoon," he muttered loud enough for me to hear.

I knew he was trying to approach me, and I was more than aware of my position. I was nothing to him and I had no right to be angry. He was free to do as he pleased with another woman and he has no obligation to explain anything to me.

With that thought, I turned around and closed the door behind me. The next second was I quickly walked out of the office to the elevator. I hit the button and checked the monitor. The elevator was still on the ground floor.

My shoulder slumped down when I saw Rowoon also followed me and rushed his long steps toward me. He grabbed my left arm and forced me to turn around so now I was facing him.

"Hyeyoon, it's not like what you're thinking," he started.

Just then, the elevator dinged and the door opened. A few employees walked out of the elevator and stared at the two of us weirdly. I didn't want to cause a scene in public, thus I pushed his hand on my shoulder away slowly.