23. Seoul Branch (2) Locked

Hyeyoon instinctively reached out her hand and cupped both of Rowoon's cheeks as the blood started dripping down his temple. Rowoon was holding his body weight with his elbows and Hyeyoon pushed him to get up.

Her lips were trembling and Rowoon could see she was about to cry. Her ragged breath was mixed with her shaking voice.

"Can you-can you get up?" she was stuttering and asking the man slowly.

Other than his back-ache, Rowoon didn't actually feel anything with the dripping blood on his head. It was probably just a scratch, he thought.

"Yeah," Rowoon weakly responded and got up. He touched the blood on his temple and wiped it using his palm.

"No," Hyeyoon held him by the hand and pulled him to sit down, and leaned him to the wall. She took out a handkerchief from her purse then carefully rubbed the top of Rowoon's head and saw the wound. Hyeyoon slowly pressed the wound with the cloth which made Rowoon winced.

"Sorry," Hyeyoon saw him winced and carefully rubbed the wound and pressed it lightly to stop the bleeding. "Hope it's not that deep. Or else you'll need to get stitched,"

"I'm fine, you don't have to worry," Rowoon let Hyeyoon took care of his wound. He let her tender finger touched his scalp and rubbing it gently. "But you need to think first before trying to climb up a shelf, though, Hyeyoon, it's not a ladder," he scolded her and Hyeyoon was silent.

Hyeyoon felt guilty and didn't utter anything yet she kept rubbing his scalp and made sure the bleeding was stopped.

"I know, I'm sorry. Do you feel dizzy? Or your head hurts?" there was concern in her voice and Rowoon shook his head.

"No, I'm fine," he responded. The bleeding stopped. Hyeyoon sighed in relief.

"Here, pressed it on the wound," Hyeyoon handed the handkerchief to Rowoon. "You need to get treated after this. We have to get out of here,"

Rowoon pressed the cloth on his wound. Though it still stung a bit. But he was sure he would be fine.

He saw Hyeyoon examined the door, trying to find a way to open it. But she couldn't find anything. "I don't know if we can fix this manually, or can you do it? You're quite handy as far as I know," Hyeyoon pointed to the button and Rowoon couldn't help to smile.

He then got up and slowly approached her and stared at the button. "I need a screw," Rowoon said and Hyeyoon sighed in frustration. She was looking for that thing since earlier. But instead of getting any, Rowoon was injured because of her.

Rowoon then saw Hyeyoon sighing and walked slowly to a corner. She spread the unfolded boxes on the floor and sat on it while leaned to the wall.

"What? You're giving up now?" Rowoon smiled wryly. Hyeyoon didn't bother to respond to him and was seen thinking. She then pulled out her phone and sent an SOS message to Kiyong. Rowoon recognized the gesture as the girl pressed the power button three times and the device took a snapshot of the surrounding with its rear and back camera.

He slowly walked and joined her sitting by the wall. "Do you get the signal? Can you send the message?" Rowoon winced as his back touched the cold wall.

"I don't know," Hyeyoon tried the SOS message once again and frustrated as there was completely no signal. She put her phone down and stared blankly at the ceiling. Hyeyoon then turned to Rowoon and asked "Are you still bleeding?"

Rowoon pulled the cloth and seeing no more fresh blood. "No, it's stopped," he responded, but the handkerchief was covered with his blood. "I'll wash this first before returning it,"