26. Kempinski Hotel Xiamen

The room was placed on the 21st floor. We were escorted by the staff and then arrived in front of room 2102. The staff opened the room from us and let us walked in first.

"Have a good rest, Sir, Ma'am. Your belongings are inside the cabinet. Please call the room service if you need anything, good night," the staff bowed and nodded.

I walked to the cabinet and found the suitcases. Meanwhile, Hyeyoon went inside the room and checking the extra bed. They placed the queen-size extra bed beside the king-size bed with the end table in between.

I followed her behind and watched her reaction. The view in front of me right now was very dreamy. Hyeyoon stood back-facing me and the soft mattress. An inevitable flashback memory suddenly surged up and I bitterly swallowed back the forbidden desire that about to surface.

Hyeyoon then turned around and saw me stood there, frozen. She pointed at the queen-size bed and said calmly, "I'll take that one. You won't be fit with your huge posture on it,"

I was stunned and followed her with my eyes as the girl walked back to the cabinet and pulled out her suitcase. She then took out a few stuff and a pajama.

"I'll shower first if you don't mind," she shouted from there as the room was actually quite large. "Rowoon, do you want to wash up first?" she called again as she didn't hear any response from me.

"No," I gulped once. Then regained to answer her properly. "You go first. I need to do something else," I tried to divert my attention to my phone and planned to continue where I was left off before.

I heard the sound of the door closed and the water drops from the shower. I walked to the couch and dialed the contact. Waited for a minute and no answer. I glanced at my watch and it was 2 AM in Seoul right now.

I frowned and dialed the number once again. Didn't bother to wait for the morning. Or else I couldn't sleep because of this.

The second call was still unanswered. I let out a heavy breath. The anger started to build up. I impatiently hit the dial button again. The third call. I thought it would get the same result but the other line was picking it up.

"Hello," the voice was hoarse and I knew she was sleeping. I was waking her up.

"Miss Seo," I sounded. Apparently, she was just realized who she was talking to and there was a rustling sound from the other line.

"Y-yes, Sir," her voice sounded better now. "What can I do for you, Mr. Kim," her sound was unstable but I didn't care. I needed to make things clear.

"Miss Seo. I have to tell you this," I tried hard to hold the temper that about to explode. "You have to do your job properly if you still want the position of my secretary. What were you thinking when you made a Hotel reservation in Xiamen, huh? Did you forget that there were two people?" my voice risen. I couldn't help it.

"Yes?" she was flustered.

That was the worst response she shouldn't have said. I stood up and now anger was consuming me. A perfectionist like me had always made sure everything went well with works and did my best to minimize errors. With that, I was very bad at tolerating the other's mistakes. Moreover, if the mistakes affected work performance.

"Check again with the hotel reservation at Xiamen and see what you had done!" my voice risen instantly. "Do check again with all the flight and hotel reservations, right now! They have to be under two names!"

The girl immediately processed my command. She was heard stuttered, "Yes, Sir. I-I'll do re-check all the bookings and reservations," she responded.