9. Ilsan ✔

They were heading to Seok-woo's parent's house at Ilsan. Ilsan's primary road traffic was not bad today. Hyeyoon took off her jacket and tried to find a more comfortable position in her seat as they entered the main road.

She glanced at her boyfriend once to find the man beside her was driving the car quietly, drowned in his deep thoughts. The girl carefully studied his expressions; he was concerned. It was the first time Hyeyoon saw Seok-woo had that kind of expression; he had lots in his mind.

Seok-woo skillfully maneuvered the steering wheel to the right as he tried to change the lane. He frowned when the other car was increasing speed instead of giving him access to overtake. He looked a bit agitated as he monitored the traffic from the rearview mirrors, detecting other vehicles before speeding up once again when the road was empty.

Being his girlfriend for months, Hyeyoon eventually got used to his character. She knew what she had to do whenever Seok-woo needed his time to think alone. She'd better let him drowned in his mind, tried not to interrupt him. Hyeyoon was worried about him. She wanted to tell him that she won't let him through all this by himself. He always had her by his side.

Hyeyoon was snapped back to reality. She was busy with her mind when she heard Seok-woo let out a heavy sigh. She looked at him before asked, "What's wrong?"

He turned for a second, stared at Hyeyoon, then shook his head. "Nothing, just have a lot of thoughts, I can't focus," he stated weakly.

They were already in his neighborhood. Seok-woo then stopped his car in front of a house; he rummaged something in his dashboard and found a remote. He hit a button then the garage door opened.

Seok-woo drove his car and park inside the garage. He turned off the engine and leaned his head back to the seat. He looked tired and troubled. The girl reached out her hand and slowly massaging his stiffened neck and shoulder gently.

Seok-woo could feel how the massage from Hyeyoon was assuring him. Her soft touches gave him a tingling sensation, and his shoulder relaxed. The girl proceeded and gave him another message on his temple lightly. Seok-woo finally felt relaxed a bit, and his thoughts ease. However, the burden was still there.

Seok-woo opened his eyes and stared at Hyeyoon. He then grabbed Hyeyoon's hand, pulled the girl into a hug, and rested his chin on his girlfriend's shoulder. He buried his face in the crook of her neck and inhaled her scent deeply.

Hyeyoon caressed his back slowly, "You can always tell me whatever you have in mind, love. I'll be a good listener,"

"I have tons of concerns, Hyeyoon. But I'm fine," his voice was deep as usual but sounds a bit tired.

Seok-woo broke the hug and asked her to get inside his house. Hyeyoon nodded then the two of them walked inside the house.

The first time Hyeyoon had ever stepped into his parent's house. She felt a bit nervous and happy.

Seok-woo smiled when he saw Hyeyoon nervously walked behind him. He then grabbed her hand and entered his house after her. Hyeyoon was stunned as she was finally inside. She was astonished by the way they decorated the house. The high-ceiling living room was so spacious as it was connected with the kitchen and the dining room. 

They mostly decorated the room in gray and white. Despite the excellent color tone choice, the large windows that let natural sunlight penetrate gave a more aesthetic and warm feeling to the already well-decorated living room. 

"Wow, your house is so aesthetic," Hyeyoon tried to give the best compliment, and Seok-woo seemed pleased to hear it. 

Seok-woo couldn't help to smile as he saw how Hyeyoon was utterly perplexed by an object as they roamed the living room. There was a large family picture hanging on the wall behind the couch. She walked closer to get a better view of the family picture before turned to her boyfriend and smiled.