33. Couch Talk

Hyeyoon's POV.

"I would like to apologize to you, Hyeyoon," he was saying those words in his low baritone voice rather gently yet it struck me like thunder.

I didn't know how to respond or make a proper expression yet I put down the cutleries on my plate just to hide my shaking hands under the table. I squeezed my cold hands tightly to hide my foolish expression right now.

But his sudden apology did come out of the blue. I was unprepared and not expecting it at all. My eyes started shaking and I lowered my face. He seemed mistakenly my rigid and shocked state as being defensive, he was afraid as he might offend me.

I heard him explaining his purpose of apologizing, and I completely aware of what he meant but it was so sudden and unexpected.

"I won't disrespect you by treating you inappropriately, Hyeyoon," he added and the man now let out a heavy breath, he forced a smile and while cutting his salmon, he avoided my eyes and continued, "my apology," he finished and still not making any eye contact with me. I didn't know whether or not he was waiting for me to answer his apology, but he stayed still, and I was so confused right now.

"I—" I tried to make a sound, he raised his face slowly to see me and waited, but seeing I hadn't said anything further he then stopped his activity and now completely staring at me.

"You can take your time if you still can't forgive me," Rowoon was being serious as there wasn't any hint of mischievousness in his expression. I failed to read his mind and it was so frustrating. What's wrong with this man, seriously?

I was so tired to be angry, moreover, he was apologizing anyway. So, I let out a soft sigh and raised my chin to see him more clearly and bravely said to him, "It's fine," I said it clearly. The guy looked at me with an eyebrow raised. He looked confused and amazed yet I smiled at him in return. "Thanks for apologizing," I gave him a half-smile, and after a quick exchanging stare. Both of us then laughed at the same time.

"We both are so childish," I stated and Rowoon couldn't help a smile.

"Yes, we are," he looked at me and flashed his gorgeous smile again, "So, are we having a truce now?" he put down his fork and suddenly reached out his hand for a handshake.

I laughed lightly but ended up took his hand for a handshake. "Yeah, kind of," I jokingly said it and the guy pulled his hand off and judged me with his sharp eyes.

"It's not convincing at all. Are you planning to make us fight again?" he protested and I just giggled in return.

"Oh, it's not me. It depends on you, though. Who knows you'll act up again and end up ruining everything," I retorted lightly and he sighed in frustration at my reply.

He just laughed it off and replied, "you're free to punch me if I ever did that to you again,"

"Oh," I shocked upon hearing his reply and added, "can I punch you with my high-heels then? You're too tall, I can't punch you with only my fist. I definitely need a tool,"

"Hey," he cut off, protesting really hard on what he just heard. "You're not trying to kill me, right? No way, no tools allowed, miss, barehand," he waved his hand to dismiss the bargain.

"Ah, no fun," I laughed and he started to laugh along.

"Finish your dinner, we need to catch up for the virtual meeting," Rowoon reminded me and I immediately realized. It was already 7.45 PM and the meeting will be in an hour and fifteen minutes.

* * *

The meeting was held on time, took around 45 minutes for the discussion. Until they concluded and wrapped the result. The General Manager told his secretary to help collected all the data and instructed us to keep going with the last sampling destination in San Jose.