1. Third Year of College ✔

April 10th, 2017

My third year on campus was hectic, like you know how packed my subjects are. Moreover, the papers due, tasks, designs, and all. It was my choice when I took Architecture Engineering and Design major at the beginning of the year. It turned out that this subject was exciting and stressful as well. However, I enjoyed it though.

I had nothing else to worry about or think about besides my busy class schedules and tasks. Not even bothered to be linked in a romantic relationship. I thought it was a very waste of time.

Engineering faculty was one of those faculties in this university that has a bunch of hot guys. Like Kang Daniel, a mixed British-Korean majored in civil engineering, or Cha Eunwoo majored in Chemical Engineering, the pretty boy with a pretty face and smile whose almost all girls in the faculty were crazy about. The news about him dating a girl from his old classmate spread like wildfire throughout the campus.

Another hot guy who attracts every girl he passed by was this well-known Kim Seok-woo. His tall posture and handsome face made him stand out more. The reaction toward those guys was not like how those girls react to idols these days. They admired these guys' beauty by gossiping about them whenever they came into sight at the campus.

"Seok-woo!"

My face raised a bit upon hearing the commotion a few meters away from where I was sitting on that bright morning. I glanced through my side eyes to see a tall and handsome figure waving toward his peers who sat on the bench at the campus park. There are around 3 or 4 guys. I recognized one of them was Inseong, my senior in the Architectural Engineering and Design Department.

The later guy who was being called walked toward them, and they greeted him cheerfully. Few girls behind me started whispering.

"Look! That's him. That's Kim Seok-woo, from the IT department. I told you already, didn't I? I think he's the most handsome guy in Engineering Faculty now," I heard one of them chirping, admiring the tall guy. I knew who they were talking about. It was too obvious.

"Really?" I heard another girl's voice. "Never heard about him before though, was he just transferred here or what?"

The girl who was fangirling denied, "not recently though, but yes, he just got transferred to Engineering Faculty, I think he was from Science Faculty, but then after Seok-woo got nominated for a competition, he was transferred here,"

"What competition?"

The girl paused, then proceed, "not sure, I think it was about programming or something, I'm not that familiar with IT stuff, but from what I heard of, he's a genius!"

"Oh, is he?"

"Yeah, handsome guy with a sexy brain, visually and physically great, too. He's too perfect for a human,"

I stopped eavesdropping as I had enough hearing those compliments. I couldn't focus on my reading; I closed my book and gathered my things. I was about to leave when someone patted my shoulder. I saw Jeein's grinning face when she sat beside me.

"What?" I asked her with raised eyebrows. What's wrong with this girl, grinning and smiling like an idiot.

"I can see Youngdae from here. Look at him. All giggling and laughing with his friends. I wish I could join them," I followed where Jeein's gaze at and saw one of the guys there with was Yongdae, Jeein's crush since freshman year.

"Then go. Why are you still here?" I told her. She smiled shyly then shook her head.

"No," she said lowly. "I can have this feeling all to myself. I'm not going to push him if he doesn't have the same feeling as I am,"

"But you will never know how he's feeling is toward you if you never ask," told her for billion times already, but still nothing. On the contrary to her cute and fresh appearance, Jeein was a timid person. "Do you want me to help you?" I offered.

Her eyes widened in horror, and she shook her head furiously. "No, no, thanks," she objected and sighed. "Do you know, Hyeyoon? I once had a wish that I could become like you," I didn't respond but looked at her in confusion instead.

"What do you mean?"

She sighed. "You know, you have a bright personality, you can make friends with everyone, people admire you a lot, you're cute, charming, too—"

"Woah—hang in there," I stopped her compliments that came out of nowhere. "Why would you think like that?"

Jeein back off a bit to look at me with her judging look, "Do you seriously not aware of this at all, Hyeyoon?" this time, I shook my head, had no clue which direction of her topic was right now. Jeein scoffed. "Look at him," Jeein directly pointed at a particular spot which I followed right after, and saw Seokwoo was stunned for a few seconds then diverted his eyes to somewhere else.

"What?" I asked her, didn't get what she was trying to point out.

This time Jeein laughed hard as if what she saw right now was the funniest thing ever. I furrowed my brows deeper, but seeing her laughing like that made me automatically laughed along. What's so funny?

"Seriously, Jeein. Just straight to the point, don't take quizzes. My brain is full enough with classes and journals. I couldn't get where direction you're leading me this time," between frustration and amusement, I couldn't help to urge her.

Jeein then stops laughing. Seems like our laughs had gotten people's attention when I realized the two girls before who were gossiping behind me stopped talking and looking in our direction, followed by another passerby student.

Jeein sighed, "Hyeyoon," she stared me directly eye to eye, emphasized every word she meant, "I'm not exaggerating nor overreacting, but I swear, Seok-woo has been eyeing you since earlier. When I just arrived, I saw him stole glances toward you," she paused, giving me time to process her statements. But failed, my mouth gaped in disbelief.

"You're daydreaming," I denied.

"No, I'm not," she bemused with my reluctant denial. I could feel my cheek burning right now. Damn Jeein! I was awkwardly fixing my hair while checking on my sling bag. "Take a look at yourself," I could hear the excitement from her voice. "He's looking at you again,"

Still couldn't believe Jeein; I challenged myself to look up and find this Seok-woo. My eyes found his gaze right away, and we were both stunned the time our eyes met.

Hiding my gasps, I tried to study his expression silently. But he was expressionless. I could read his expression. He tensed a bit, and I saw his shoulder stiffened but then relaxed it, trying to compose his state.

I blinked a few times, then diverted my gaze back to Jeein and see her smiling meaningfully at me.

"Do you find it already?" she asked.

"Find what?" my voice came out hoarse and stiff. I cleared my throat then waited for Jeein to respond.

"Someone who might be your love of life,"

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N :

Hello...

This story is the first story I write on Wattpad.
Please, excuse all the mistakes and grammatical errors.
English is not my first language.

Hope everyone will like and enjoy reading it.
All the inputs, corrections, and suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Thank you~