32. The Potala Palace

We were heading back to the hotel as both of us filled the cabin with silence. Only filled with the faint sound of the car audio played random songs. I was busy checking the presentation on my tablet as we were still stuck in light traffic near the hotel.

The car audio playing Twilight of Kotaro Oshio and Hyeyoon was humming following the melody beside me. I stole a glance at her and the girl was busy scrolling her phone screen.

"Oh," the girl exclaimed. I immediately turned to see at her. She was reading something on her phone and looked at me with excitement in her eyes. "That Potala Palace was built by King Songtsan Gambo for his talented and beautiful wife, Princess Whencheng, 1.300 years ago. Well, it said, the palace was built in the Tang Dynasty era,"

I locked my tablet and put it down to the car seat. Diverted my attention to what Hyeyoon was saying. She then explained what she was reading about the Potala Palace and its history. About the King who married the Tang Princess and brought the lady to Tibet. The great woman was famous for her wisdom and intelligence that had the King head over heels in love with the princess.

To prove his devoted love to his wife, the King then built the white palace and the palace so far was listed as the highest palace in the world by UNESCO.

"Wow, I never heard about that before. Would be very challenging to visit the palace someday," Hyeyoon concluded her explanation with her desire to travel to Tibet.

"Yes, it's a beautiful place, moreover in the winter," I commented briefly. The girl turned to look at me and her eyes got widen.

"You've been there?" her voice risen as she sounded very curious.

I held my smile and just smirked silently. "No," I told her. "I read it on a book,"

"Ah," she cast her gaze away from me back to her phone.

And soon, the car finally entered the hotel area and the driver pulled over the car in front of the lobby entrance. After being stuck in the traffic for almost 45 minutes, we finally reached the hotel at 6.30 PM. It was almost dinner time and we need to have dinner before the virtual meeting.

I was glancing at the girl beside me and calling the hall-porter to help us delivered our belongings to our rooms.

"Let's eat dinner first," I told Hyeyoon and escorted her to the elevator. The Seventh Son restaurant was placed on level 2. A few visitors were seen filled the restaurant as we entered the entrance.

"Two-person dine-in," I told the receptionist and another waiter immediately helped us to find our table.

He led us to the table near the window, fit for two persons. The spot was quite private as it was placed right on the corner of the restaurant.

"Thanks," I muttered lowly to the waiter and he smiled.

"Would you like to order now, Sir?" he handed us two menus. I scanned the menu briefly and already decided what to order. Glanced at Hyeyoon, she was still contemplating her preference.

"Are you ready to order?" I asked the girl and she pursed her lips as if she was still thinking hard of what dish she would like to order.

She took a soft breath and closed the menu. "Just the same as yours," she said finally.

I nodded and turned to the waiter, "Two pan-seared salmon with cordon bleu, and two lychee sparkling water," I told him and the waiter quickly took our order into a note, after repeating the order, he excused himself to leave us alone.

My gaze automatically back to see the girl in front of me, she threw her gaze outside the windows. Seemed to enjoy the night view of Shenzhen. Her thin lips formed a slight smile and she looked so dearly under the light with her pose like that. Her shoulder-length hair fell on her slender posture, and her haircut made her indeed looked more mature.