10. Turn of Events ✔

Hyeyoon POV.

Everything happened so fast. I still remembered how we rushed back to the hospital, Seok-woo was driving at high speed like crazy, and we arrived at the hospital fifteen minutes later. Both of us stormed to the ICCU section to find his sister and mother were crying.

The doctor then walked to us, passed the news, and Seok-woo froze. He numbly walked closer to the nearest wall and leaned his long body to it as if he needed support more than before. I saw Jaeyoon reached to hug his wife and let her cried her tears out on his torso.

Still in shock, Seok-woo needed time to process when I slowly approached him and patted his shoulder, telling him to come to his mother. She needed comfort more than anyone as she weakly walked to the nearer couch and slumped down there.

I led him to his mom, and finally, Seok-woo could regain from his state. He kneeled in front of his mom and hugged her tightly. Letting his mom poured her emotion out on her son's shoulder.

I could feel tears rolled down my face upon seeing the scene.

Seok-woo, the man I love, and his family have lost a father figure. He lost his father, and his mother lost her husband. His father passed away.

Unable to witness the whole scene, I retreated and excused myself quietly.

* * *

They held his father's funeral a few days after his death. Seok-woo was busy since then. I knew he needed to prepare for everything. I silently watched him from afar as I saw him busily talking to a few people in the corridor. He went back and forth, and sometimes he had Jaeyoon by his side to help him.

I understand his current situation. I did try to contact him a few times, but I didn't utter any protest when he was unreachable again for days. It was understandable, and when I met him today, I wanted to cheer him up and told him that I would always be there for him.

It was nearly 9 PM. Most of the guests left already. I stayed till I saw his family members were about to went home, too.

"Hyeyoon?" Seoran called me. I immediately got up and bowed to her and Seokwoo's mother beside her. "You're still here? Are you waiting for Seokwoo?"

I nodded, "Yes. He seems so busy,"

"He will be here soon," Seokwoo's mother comforted weakly, and I nodded. They excused themselves, and I bowed again as they leave.

I stood there leaned my back on the nearest wall as I waited for Seok-woo.

"You're still here?" I heard a familiar voice behind me and immediately turned to see Seokwoo stood a few meters away. He took his suit off, so he was now only in his white shirt with his tie loosened.

Seok-woo sat on the nearest table and poured Soju into a cup and drank it in one shot. He ran again for a second cup, finished it in one go. I walked toward him and sat in front of him. He was about to pour another cup, but I held him.

"Take it slow, Seok-woo," I told him, and he put down the Soju. He let out a deep sigh. I took mineral water and gave it to him.

He was staring at the bottle I gave him at first. He opened the lid and finished almost half of it. There was a long silence. I let Seokwoo drifted into his deep thoughts as I kept him company. He stared at the bottle I gave to him blankly and let out a deep breath a few times.

"Hyeyoon," he called. I looked up at him.

"Yes?"

Seok-woo looked at me back, and his eyes twitched a little. I frowned upon seeing the view.