12. Flashback's Epilogue ✔

Jeein got off the bus and walked home slowly. It was already 2 PM. Her steps were heavy, and she lowered her head, looking down at the road blankly. She was just back from the Subway Station as today was Hyeyoon's departure.

Hyeyoon insisted on going by herself at first, but after arguing for a few minutes, finally, Hyeyoon let Jeein come to send her to go, but she only allowed her till they reached the subway station. Hyeyoon didn't want to see Jeein crying at the airport.

Jeein sighed at the paper bag she carried. She glanced at it and suddenly got mad. "She should have thrown it away instead of keeping it. Then she asked me to either throw it myself or give it to the rightful owner,"

Jeein saw a trash bin nearby and angrily stormed her way there when suddenly someone called her name.

"Jeein,"

The girl jumped out a little and halted from her track. She looked around and saw Seokwoo was standing on the side road, wearing a long navy coat. His expression looked awful as if he was sleep-deprived for days.

"Seok-woo?" Jeein couldn't believe her sight and called his name.

The latter then walked approaching her, and when the tall guy stood right in front of her, Jeein finally regained her sense and stared at him weirdly.

"What are you doing here?" she snapped sharply.

"I just passed by," he reasoned. Jeein immediately scoffed. Why would Kim Seok-woo happen to be around this area? It was the most unlikely thing to happen.

"Are you looking for Hyeyoon, by any chance?" she guessed, and judging by his reaction upon hearing her question, it seemed like her guess was correct.

"Is Hyeyoon home?" he finally asked. "It's her birthday. I came to give her this,"

Jeein suddenly laughed out loud, and Seok-woo confusedly stared back at the girl.

"Oh, you still amaze me, Seok-woo. You do remember her birthday is today. Woah," Jeein sarcastically commented and scoffed. She grabbed the present Seokwoo was brought and peeked inside the paper bag. But then her expression turned sad again. She gave the paper bag to Seok-woo and handed him another paper bag.

"What's this?" the man confusedly looked at her.

"Supposed to be yours," she told him. Seok-woo took it along with his present for Hyeyoon.

"I don't get it," Seok-woo honestly said.

Jeein sighed deeply, then put her hands on her waist. She confronted him and said, "It was supposed to be her present for you on your 200 days anniversary, on November 14th, right?" Seok-woo hurriedly took a look at the paper bag and found a box and a letter.

Jeein proceeded, "Hyeyoon had been prepared you that present since last month, but she couldn't give it to you in person. She let me choose to either throw it away or give it to you," Jeein shrugged and told him, "I was about to throw it away before, but you showed up. She struggled so much to buy you that stuff. I can't throw it myself. So, that's yours,"

"Where is Hyeyoon?" Seok-woo asked her again. Instead of answering, Jeein just smirked and walked past him.

"Good luck, Kim Seok-woo. Don't ever try to ask about Hyeyoon whereby again to me, I won't give you any answers," the girl stomped her foot and left him.

Seok-woo left alone dumbfounded. He wasn't trying to after Jeein and stared at the present she gave him. Seok-woo then moved heavily and got into his car. 

Seok-woo didn't expect that Hyeyoon would prepare a gift for him. She never said anything about this. Maybe because he was too busy with himself and the project thus he realized that he had never prioritized his girlfriend for all this time.