30. Upside Down

Rowoon's POV.

I closed the compartment door behind me and paused on the track. The second compartment was Executive 2, only half of it was occupied by the passengers. I walked soundlessly to find an empty seat and found one at the very back of the cabin.

I took the seat and leaned to the backrest. I sighed as my face was facing the ceiling. All kind of thoughts was running through my head. Every word Hyeyoon said before was like sharp daggers that hit me right in the chest. It was hard to swallow yet everything she said was exactly hit the point. I had to admit that she was right.

My hand ran down to reach the pocket inside my suit and take out the small thing that I always had with me for these past few days. I didn't wear it yet hiding it inside my pocket. The watch that was supposed to be her present for me, the present that she never been delivered to me directly.

I had the letter with me along with the watch. I took out the gold envelope and pulled her letter out. I carefully unfolded the paper and read her handwritten letter for thousand times already till I could memorize every word of it.

I smiled bitterly at the fact that she had no idea that I got her present and had kept it to myself for all this time. She also had no idea that I still kept all her stuff and our shared memories.
I couldn't help to curse at myself and clutched the watch in my hand tightly.

Did I go too far?

I let my mind rethink that I might be hurting her by trying to manipulate her emotion and feeling toward me for the sake of my pride. It was bitter to accept that the girl who loved me wholeheartedly once was no longer mine now.

I never thought that Hyeyoon would leave a deep impression on me. When I broke up with her, I thought I would easily move on from her just like the other relationship I had before her. Once the romance end, my feeling for the girl would vanish as time goes by.

But it was different with Hyeyoon. During the years I was being single, I had tried to get close to a few girls at the company, or college when I was in the Netherlands. But none of them had moved my heart the way Hyeyoon did.

At first, I thought things would get better eventually, but it wasn't. After finished my master's degree and before was assigned to Seoul Branch, I visited Yongdae and Inseong when I was on my break. Those two badasses informed me of all the updates about the girl and her boyfriend.

I processed the information lightly at first. It had been years and no wonder she had another man in her mind, it was reasonable. But things got oddly twisted when I passed the test to be promoted to Seoul Branch and when I saw her with her boyfriend attended the Gala in Beijing.

I wanted to come and greeted her so badly but I saw her was not alone. I didn't know if that was a good choice to show up directly in front of her thus I gave her a glass of champagne, it was her favorite champagne.

I never had the thought that we would run to each other once again after three years as if our fate was still connected. As if it was deliberately designed like that, and I somehow believe that there must be a reason why we were reunited.

The very first time we officially met at the meeting room brought me to a realization that I hadn't completely forgotten about her, at all.

Three years had been passed, yet Hyeyoon still filled a special spot in my heart. It was like the moment I saw her right in front of me, all the feelings and memories were brought back instantly.

I remembered how filial she was towards me. She was so tolerant and very attentive. She was so kind and to my surprise, she was an obedient girl.

She knew how to behave every single time as she was able to adjust to my habit, personality, and my temper. She was good at handling it herself and she knew how to control it.