40. Confession

Hyeyoon's POV.

1 month later.

The entire room was silent, there were only sounds from the clock ticking. It was nearly 9 PM, the deadline for the final design was tomorrow at 10 AM. Everyone was working overtime for a few days already, and I had to finish my final render with the layout.

I was almost done.

I was too focused on my 3D animation when suddenly I felt a light touch on my left shoulder. I raised my face to see Kiyong was smiling behind me.

"Almost done?" he sounded lowly. Tried not to disturb anyone.

Stretching my stiff muscle, I nodded at him. He pulled a chair nearby and sat right beside me to check the design on my screen. He scrolled and nodded in satisfaction.

"Looks great," he smiled and got up from his seat. He was about to leave me but then patted his hand on my head and put his hand around my shoulder. A few other employees stole glances toward us and I frowned as Kiyong was never being so obvious showing his affection in public. As we were co-workers, he tried to be so professional every time. Though everyone knew we were a couple.

He caught my disapproval expression and chuckled. He released my shoulder and spoke to the others, "everyone has worked hard today, are you guys finished?"

"Almost done, Sir," Dahyun responded and the other responded with similar reactions. One or two already finished their part and gave me the data. I copied them and told them they could go home.

As Dahyun had also finished her part, she gave me her flash disk with a long sigh.

"What?" I giggled as I took it.

"Finally, it's done," she muttered weakly.

I smiled at her and gave the flash disk back. "Thanks, you can go home, Dahyun,"

"Thank you," she quickly gathered her belongings and stood up. "Are you going to stay here overnight?" she asked as she saw there were only me and Kiyong left at the office.

"We're heading back home too after this," Kiyong answered her for me.

"Ah," Dahyun nodded and she immediately bid her leave. Leaving only the two of us.

I had to check on their work before wrapped everything up. I was relieved as all the work could be done in time. I wished there won't be a lot of revision tomorrow. They had worked really hard on this planning and design though.

I saved all the works and it was all done. Leaned to the backrest, I was startled as I saw Kiyong was still sitting beside me.

"Oh my," I exclaimed and he giggled.

"You're too focused on your work, baby," he then turned my chair around so that I was completely facing him now. He pulled the chair closer and stared at me with his smiling eyes.

Ah, I've been so busy with the deadline and just realized that I had been ignoring him for weeks.

"Finally, know what you've had missed?" he concluded as he saw my facial expression. I couldn't help a smile and nod shyly.

"I'm sorry," I told him and he sighed. He pulled me into a hug and rubbed my back gently. Tried to send a comforting feeling. He knew I had been overworked myself for days. The hectic schedule and the workloads stole all my attention from him.

It had been a month since the last time I saw Rowoon. All the works distracted me from thinking of him. Now, the work had been done and the encounter with him would be inevitable. Their company set the date for the final meeting, and it was tomorrow.