43. Finding Its Way Back

It was raining heavily as I sped up the car in the Seoul traffic. The traffic was bad every time it was raining. And I was now stuck in a traffic jam. I thumped my feet impatiently as I watched the queue.

I was near the highway exit and the jam was awful. I should've looked for an alternative route. I didn't expect that would be a traffic jam at this hour.

The car in front of me moved and I quickly changed the lane before the car behind filled the spot. After a few minutes, I finally exited the highway and turned in the Yongsan District direction.

The rain stopped when I entered the Yongsan District. The navigation directed me to the Hannam-dong neighborhood and I scanned the building nearby, trying to identify the right building according to the address Youngdae sent me earlier.

I finally spot the building and checked on the navigation. I pulled over the car and checked the navigation again. It was the place. I parked the car in front of the building and got out of the car to run the stairs up to the 4th floor.

The 5-floors villa building was located in a very calm and comfortable place near the Soonchunhyang University Seoul Hospital. I remembered he told me that his mom bought an apartment near his sister's place. This must be the place.

I reached the 4th floor and his unit was on the left. I stopped in front of his unit door while catching my breath. I checked the address Youngdae gave me and I was at the right unit.

I hit the bell once and waited. There was no answer. I hit the bell once again and started to feel like an idiot. If he was on leave, then why would he stay at home? He could be on the plane right now, flying somewhere.

"No, don't go, please don't go, we need to talk first, please, Kim Rowoon!" I knocked on his door furiously and calling his name but got the same result. My trembling hands trying to reach my phone and dialed his number and again, it was directed to a voicemail.

I gave up. I was thinking to go to the airport but it won't make any difference. He must be left already. I leaned down and buried my face on my knee. Feeling so hopeless. I suddenly regretted not listening to what Kiyong said a few days ago. I should've replied to his message earlier, too. The only thing I could do now was crying like a kid. I was so stupid.

There was no other choice. Now it was my turn to wait for him until he returned. My hands were still trembling while typing the text message. I replied to his chat, hoping he would read it whenever he turned his phone back on. I desperately asked him to come home and told him that I would wait for him here.

Pouring all the emotion that had been bottled up for years, I finally let everything go and could careless with my pride. I was about to lose the one I love and I couldn't bear to lose him again. I admitted my feeling to him, let him know how I wanted him to be here, right now, beside me.

Please, come back...I helplessly typed and told him to come back. Told him that I would wait for him. I cried my lungs out in despair. How could I change the situation? How could I let him know that I still love him?

"Hyeyoon," the familiar deep voice was heard, I let out a wry smile as I was now being delusional. I shut my eyes tight to get my sense back, but I heard the voice was calling me again, "Hyeyoon, what are you doing here?" my eyes shot opened and raised my face just to see the tall man holding a suitcase towering above me and he leaned down to my level.

My tears had blinded me and he wiped them with his thumb gently until I could clearly saw his handsome face was smiling toward me and his eyes glistened with tears. "What are you doing here?" he asked again and his tone was so silky.

He cupped my face so carefully as if I was the most fragile thing ever. His warm hands felt so real and I couldn't help as tears flowing hard down my cheek. It was really him. I wasn't imagining him standing in front of me, but it was literally him.