29. The Candor

A few hours later, we were already on the train heading to Shenzhen. The executive class was almost half occupied. I took my seat next to the window and blankly stared outside the window to the darkness. I glanced at my watch and it showed 6.35 PM. We were scheduled to arrive in Shenzhen at 9.33 PM.

They slightly dimmed the lighting in the cabin, I looked around, a few people were already napping. I stole a glance to see Rowoon was shutting his eyes. He must be tired as he didn't get enough sleep last night.

Seeing him in this proximity had invited the image of myself surrendered and kissed him back earlier to appear in my head and I suddenly felt embarrassed.

Why did I do that?

I hit my head a few times. You're so stupid, Kim Hyeyoon.

I turned to look at Rowoon once again and told myself to stay away from him from now on. Don't let my guard down when he was around. He's too dangerous.

Ding!

One message was received.

I slid open my phone and saw it was Kiyong. I let out a heavy breath and started to feel guilty. Because of the sampling and the previous event, I completely forgot about him. I saw a few unread messages from him a few hours ago.
Suddenly I missed him so much, I wanted the trip would end soon. But it still had 8 more days. I slowly typed a reply to Kiyong and sent him a self-picture of me.

Kiyong Oppa

6.45 PM

I missed you, honey. Come back home fast. *kiss emoticon*

I smiled at his text and replied to him with a sticker. I put my phone back in my purse and leaned back to the seat. I ran my hand to my chest. I still could feel my heart beating fast. I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't have kissed him back. I shouldn't have surrendered to him.
I didn't know how to face him tomorrow, how to face Kiyong when I came back to Seoul. I ruined everything. I ruined my dignity. I had lost my sanity.

All the thought I had suddenly interrupted by the sound of a soft snore from the man beside me. He was sleeping. I opened my eyes and turned to see him.

The view of him sleeping soundly had always fascinated me. I had to be honest with myself. He has outstanding features and his face line was just perfect. The maturity that formed after years was shown in his face, and it made him looked more attractive.

He slightly changed his hairstyle, but it didn't look bad on him at all. He looked so fine with that, to be honest.

I was too busy watching him sleep as I didn't realize he was up. Just when he opened his eyes and stared at my stunned face while looking at him, I snapped and blinked a few times.
"Was it your hobby watching me asleep?" he asked me while adjusting his seat position.
I turned my face away from him and looked at the windows. "You look tired, that's all," I replied to him anyway.

"I did," he stretched his muscle and fixing his suit. "Especially when you were angry earlier, Hyeyoon. I used all my power to calm you down," he added while chuckling.

His bold statement caught me off guard and I could feel my face got hotter. I was blushing as I turned my face, even more, to avoid him seeing my face turned red.

"I was not angry," I denied.

The latter just frowned upon my denial and he smirked, "Then, what was that? Jealousy?" he knew how to make me speechless and I failed to retort him miserably.

"None of those!" I raised my voice slightly and tuned down when I realized a few people started to looked at both of us.

Rowoon just smiled wryly and stared at me with a gentle look.