44. One Big Step in Life

I was awestruck by the result as I never expected that. My period was late for a month already, but I thought it was due to the stress, depression, and sadness I experienced. Still, in disbelief, I took the pregnancy test and the faint two red lines were very clear now. I was positive.

Rowoon gleamed in joy as he cupped my face in his hands.

"Marry me, Hyeyoon," he sounded once again and I didn't expect to receive a sudden proposal like this. I was stunned and he laughed when he realized how I looked like.

He then let out a soft sigh just to pull me up gently in a bridal style. He then carried me to his room and slowly put me down on his bed. Let me sat on the edge of the mattress. He kneeled in front of me and secured my figure inside his long arms.

"Hyeyoon," he called out. I was dazed and his voice brought my sense back. "Are you okay?" he fixed the strands of my hair and tucked it behind my right ear. Caressing my face lightly, his hand moved down to grasp my hand.

I didn't answer him right away. I was too shocked upon the revelation. I never expected of being pregnant at this moment. The fact that there was a living being inside me made me nervous and somewhat unprepared.

Can I do this?

Rowoon caught the anxiety in my facial expression and he pulled me into a hug. He caressed my back slowly. "Let's do this together, Hyeyoon. I won't leave you alone this time. I won't go anywhere,"

I pushed him and he stared at me, bewildered by my sudden action. I was stuttering my words, "I-I don't know if I'm ready for this," I was trembling and Rowoon's gaze softened.

"You don't want the baby?" he asked softly. I looked at his face and there was a hint of sadness in his eyes. "It's okay, Hyeyoon, let me know what do you think about this. I'm open of all your thoughts," he paused and his eyes were piercing me, "if you don't want it, I won't force you either," he was hurt as he said those words. I could sense it and seeing how he cared about me first was somehow warmed my heart.

I pulled my hand out from his grip and he watched me as I slowly moved it to my still flat belly. My other hand reached out his strong jawline and rubbed it with my thumb. "Do you want the baby?" I asked him back. He held my hand on his face and rested his cheek on my palm.

"Yes," he sounded. "I want you both," a single tear escaped from my eyes and I pulled him for a hug.

"Don't leave me again, promise me,"

Rowoon hug me tightly and he slowly laid me down to the bed. He hovered above me and gave a little peck on my forehead.

"I won't," he sighed as he traced down his lips to my cheek and reached my lips. His kisses were soft, gentle, and caring. He was never being like this as he was always dominant and demanding. But this time, his touches felt so delicate and careful. He caressed on my side hips ups and down, sent shivers all over my body, and when his lips reached my neck. I couldn't help a moan.

His breath ragged and I knew he was aroused. He pulled up, propped his weight on his elbow, and stared at me tenderly. He was holding up.

"Why?" I whispered and touched his chest. He shut his eyes tightly to feel the light touch of my fingers on his body then hold my hand when I slightly moved it down to his abdomen.

He sighed in frustration before stated, "we need to consult the doctor before proceed, Hyeyoon. I'm afraid that I might end up hurting you both," he kissed my lips once again before rolled to the side.

I turned to see him and Rowoon pulled me to cuddle on him. "Let's visit the doctor tomorrow," he said as he hugged me tightly and serenade me to sleep.