11. Rain in November ✔

Author's POV

Two Weeks Later

Hyeyoon was sitting on a bus and prepared to get off to the next bus stop. She just came back from the Embassy to get her student visa. Her departure date was getting nearer, and she finally finished all her documents today. She just had few things left to do before finally leaving the country.

She checked on her airline booking copy on her phone, and the ticket was already issued. It was on November 10th, right on her birthday. She decided to leave earlier since she would need to arrange a few things to prepare for her stay. The Embassy and University would help her there.

It had been two weeks since she had broken up with Seok-woo. Since then, they hadn't contacted each other, and Hyeyoon didn't try to initiate anything first, too. She didn't want to. When it was just a few days after they broke up, Hyeyoon would still wait for him, in case he called her or texted her, but none. After a lot of considerations, Hyeyoon decided to start moving on and focusing more on her study. She thought it must be for the best.

The bus stopped, and Hyeyoon finally got off the bus. Hyeyoon immediately saw a milk tea bubble shop near the bus stop and suddenly craving the Salted Caramel Boba Fresh Milk. Maybe she should buy one now, or else she won't be able to get it later, and she didn't know would Australia have the same milk tea bubble shop as this one.

She entered the shop and directly walked to the cashier. Ready to order. She ordered her favorite and another one for Jeein. The cashier gave her the order number and told her to wait for her order to be processed.

Hyeyoon thanked the guy and turned to find a seat when she stumbled and bumped into someone behind her. She apologized and bowed to the latter and was shocked upon seeing the guy she just bumped onto was Seok-woo. The guy couldn't hide his surprise, too. Hyeyoon's breath ragged, and she then realized that the guy was not alone. He was with a girl that her face was too familiar for her. It was the girl from the pictures she saw a few times already.

"Hyeyoon?" Seok-woo lowly called out her name, making the girl beside him frown and stare at Hyeyoon from head to toe, judging.

Seorina frowned and spoke up. She aggressively linked her arm around his, "Who's that, Seok-woo?" she asked him with a disgusting tone. Hyeyoon tried hard not to puke right in front of them. "You know her?" she asked him again. The tall guy remained silent but still unable to cast his gaze away from Hyeyoon.

Hyeyoon then snapped back from her state and quickly diverted her gaze. She walked to the side and moved away. She hoped her orders would be ready faster so she could leave this place soon.

Avoiding eye contact, Hyeyoon threw her gaze outside the window. But she could feel his gaze sometimes was pierced toward her. She sighed. Jeein was right. They often hung out together, and she had no idea about this for all this time? She was such a fool.

Hyeyoon sigh in relief as she heard the cashier announced her order's number. She quickly grabbed her drinks without looking at the two people sitting on a seat near the window where Hyeyoon was standing. After completing her order, Hyeyoon immediately left the shop and completely ignored his stare following her movement.

Leaving the milk tea shop, Hyeyoon dragged her heavy step home; five minutes walk, she'd be home sooner. Hyeyoon had just realized that the weather turned windy and the sky darkened; it was going to rain. Hyeyoon let out a heavy breath. Even the weather turned gloomy, like her mood.

Hyeyoon quickened her step, but suddenly the rain poured and gradually getting heavier. She stopped from her track then looked above to see the dark cloud.