2. Closer ✔

April 18th, 2017

"Excuse me," I carefully opened the door after three knocks and quickly peeked.

"Yes, Hyeyoon, please come in,"

I stepped in and slowly closed the door. The first thing I did was bowing to Prof. Han and then walked to the chair in front of his desk. I nearly gasped when I saw the person sat on the chair next to me.

"Ah, have you two known each other? Hyeyoon, this is Kim Seok-woo from the IT department," Prof. Han added.

"Y-yes, uh, hi..." I nodded slightly, and he replied with an awkward nod. His expression was dazed and shocked, but he managed to calm himself, stayed cool. Meanwhile, in that state, I couldn't get a grip on myself even my breathing became uncontrollable. Silly Hyeyoon! Cursed my inner self.

Prof. Han cleared his throat then proceeded; he explained why he gathered the two of us to his office this morning. There will be an international programming competition soon, which Seokwoo was participating in. The project was about building an Architectural Designing Program; thus, Prof. Han asked me to help Seokwoo with the information and everything he needs about the program details.

"Seok-woo, I'll leave the rest to you. Explain the process and the details to her. So she can help you," Prof. Han finished his sentences with an 'I can trust this project on you' look to Seok-woo. He patted Seokwoo's shoulder while we bowed him to leave.

Seok-woo closed the door behind him, and then silence hit us. There was no one in the hallway. He nervously scratched the back of his nape, and I could only look in the other direction.

"Um..." his low baritone voice humming in my ears. I looked up to see him smiling, then gestured his hand to let me walked first. "How about the library?" he asked. "I prefer a quiet and comfortable place to discuss the project if you don't mind,"

It was the first time I've heard him talking that long. But I have to admit that I like the tone of his voice and wonder whether he was good at singing, too, since his voice was somehow heavy yet felt light when I heard it.

"Sure, no problem. The library is good; I like it there, too," I was trying to make my voice as light as possible but failed. This guy must be noticed by my silly, shaken voice.

But I decided to ignore it since he nodded at my answer and we just walked to the library without a single word till we arrived. He opened the door for me, and I mumbled a low thanks to him.

Not many people were in the library, which is good. He led me to a quiet, peaceful desk near the window. I could feel the morning wind blew through the window and gently hit my face when I took a seat. He took the seat across and started to take out his laptop along with a pen and note.

"Do you often come here?" I asked him randomly, and he looked at me intensely.

"Yeah, few times. When I need to find a good place to be alone without the disruption of those noisy guys,"

I laughed softly at his statement, "do you mean your friends?"

He smiled. "Yeah, especially Inseong Hyung, he can be too loud when got excited. Which is funny but annoying at times,"

I laughed with him. He's talkative, though. I thought he was the cold type, but thankfully he wasn't.

"Heyy, you two!" I jumped a little to a loud voice in such a quiet place when I saw Inseong was approaching with a playful smile plastered on his face. He then realized his surroundings and immediately lowered his voice.

"Are you mad?" Seok-woo hissed to Inseong while looked around. Made sure no one was disturbed by his loud voice.

"Sorry, just got too excited to see you two here," he grinned widely then nudged his elbow to Seok-woo. "What are you doing? Dating at the library? Never know you can be too old-fashioned, too, huh?"