25. The First Flight, Shanghai Airlines

Rowoon's POV.

I took a glance at my watch and there was still an hour before boarding. I roamed my sight and saw the lounge. An hour should be enough for me to have a comfortable seat in the lounge. Without looking and as if I was doing it by instinct, I grabbed Hyeyoon by her shoulder and directed her to the lounge entrance.

"What?" she was startled at my sudden gesture.

I looked down to see her eyes widened and I slowly release my hand. "Sorry," I said lowly. "There's the lounge," I pointed to the double glass door and Hyeyoon just nodded blankly.

"Good afternoon, Sir," the receptionist greeted and I told him to give two passes to the lounge.

Entering the lounge, I quickly searched for a couch. Luckily, I spotted two right facing the window, with a great view of the runway. Hyeyoon came right behind me and sat on the couch next to me.

"Did you pay the pass for me, earlier?" Hyeyoon asked me as he put down her bag on the end table next to her seat.

I turned to her and shook my head. "No, it's a plus one free pass, I can bring one companion with me," I explained and the latter just nodded.

There were a pause and awkward silence for a moment. But I had this question in my head since earlier. I looked at her and decided to ask the girl. 

"Hyeyoon,"

"Do you—"

We both spoke at the same time and stopped. Then I let her speak first but Hyeyoon shook her head and told me to speak first instead.

"You first," she said.

I let out a soft breath and gathered my courage to ask her, "I want to ask you something," I hung the sentence and she stared at me patiently, waiting for me to finish, "something personal," I finally said the preface.

Hyeyoon raised an eyebrow and rolled her eyes before answering, "What is it?" she responded. Her expression was flat and I couldn't tell what was inside her head. I decided to keep going.

"Was your boyfriend okay with you going on a business trip with me?" I spilled the question and Hyeyoon didn't seem angry or surprised at the question. I let out a sigh. But before she could reply to me, I added for confirmation, "I don't mean to interfere with your personal life, I was just asking out of curiosity,"

Hyeyoon didn't answer the question right away. She turned her gaze outside the window and leaned her back to the couch.

"Well," she started. "He didn't exactly say anything so far," Hyeyoon paused and I was still waiting for her to continue, "He didn't object to the idea, and he totally understands that this trip was purposely for the project," she was being honest.

I tried to digest all her words. Both of us went silent for a moment. I knew it was none of my business but the fact that her boyfriend wasn't even troubled by this matter had intrigued me to dig deeper on how good this Jang Kiyong would handle the fact that his girlfriend was going on a trip alone with her ex-boyfriend. The thought was quite interesting and I couldn't help to smile thinking of it.

"Why are you smiling?" Hyeyoon caught my expression and I turned to see her once again.

There was like a sudden boldness that my words came out faster before my brain, I couldn't help to ask and I asked her in the next second, "does he know who I am, Hyeyoon?" my words hit her directly and there was a slight sign of nervousness in her eyes. I saw her eyes trembling and she was gulping. Her boyfriend still had no idea, I assumed.

Hyeyoon grabbed her drink and drunk it fast. I knew her very well especially when she got nervous. She would avoid my eyes and busy doing useless things.