13. LT. Engineering & Construction ✓

Seoul, April 10th, 2020

"There will be a new member. The boss recruited,"

"Ah, really?"

"The meeting will start in 15 minutes. Are you guys done?"

Gunjoo stood by the doorway.

Kiyong and I nodded, and we were now sitting in the meeting room.

"That's the new member."

I stared in horror at the person standing beside the CEO. It's him. No, it can't be him.

My breath ragged, and I saw Kiyong stared at me with his eyes pierced. That man also stared at me.

Seok-woo.

No, he said his name Rowoon?

I stumbled my step outside the meeting room and walked numbly to the nearest restroom. I stared straight at my reflection in the mirror and then shut my eyes tightly.

* * *

Hyeyoon's POV
06.30 AM

I snapped from my deep sleep upon hearing the alarm from my phone rang loudly. I blinked for a few moments before realising I was still in my room. My hand reached out to the bedside table and grabbed my phone, then turned off the alarm.

Still feeling a bit drowsy, I shut my eyes for a moment and was a bit perplexed as I recalled the dream. Usually, when we awoke, we were unable to remember anything from the dream. But it was strange. I still remember every detail of my dream, and it feels odd.

My heart was still not beating normally. I tried to brush the thought off and got up. I sat on the edge of my bed, took a deep breath and released it. I was trying to get all my senses back.

What was with that dream? 

I let out a wry smile, shook my head. Half of myself was thinking the possibility that it was a sign. But the other half of myself told me it was merely a dream. It means nothing.

I hoped so.

After taking a few minutes debating about the dream, and ended up ignoring it anyway. I could finally found my focus. I had to check my schedule today. I took my phone and sighed in relief as I checked on my journal. I had finished all my tasks, though one still had to be reviewed. I needed to talk with Kiyong about this then. Let him checked my work.

I got up from the bed, walked to the drawer, and took out a light blue blouse and knee-length skirt. I was about to go to the bathroom when my phone rang again.

Oppa is calling.

I smiled upon seeing the caller ID. I picked up the call.

"Morning," his voice hoarse. I laughed lightly.

"Hi, you got up early today?" I teased him, and the man on the other line chuckled. I put the phone on speaker and proceeded to the bathroom.

"Yes, and I've missed you already," he said again. I turned on the water faucet and washed my face. "What time you'll be ready to go? I'll pick you up," his voice sounded better.

"8 AM, as usual," I said while scrubbing my face. "What time you got home last night? You didn't drink a lot, did you?" I pretended to scold him. He said he had a sudden meeting with few stakeholders last night and went to drink afterwards.

"Around 11 PM? No, I didn't, don't worry. I went home straightly once the discussion ended," he explained, and I nodded in response. Then he continued, "What would you like for breakfast? Let's have breakfast together, and don't skip your breakfast, Hyeyoon. I know you did that often," there was concern and warning in his tone.