19. The Beauty Salon

Saturday, April 2020

Jang Kiyong glanced at the digital clock on the dashboard. Ten minutes to eleven. He was driving to Hyeyoon's apartment. Today they had a plan of getting prepared together in a beauty salon he reserved for both of them before going to Youngdae and Jeein's engagement party.

Hyeyoon told him that she would like to have lunch at home before they go, thus she invited him to come. Kiyong couldn't hide his excitement as he heard Hyeyoon would cook today.

Kiyong pushed the call button on his steering wheel and called Hyeyoon.

"Hello," her soft voice rang in his entire cabin.

"Babe, I'm on my way to your place. Do you want some fruits or anything?" there was a sizzling sound from the other end and Kiyong smiled, he couldn't wait to taste her dish.

"Umm," the girl contemplating for a moment before sounded, "Can you stop by the supermarket near my apartment to get me some pear, apple, or anything? I don't have any fruit at home. You love fruits, I don't want to hear you nagging to me because there's no apple or banana here," she said jokingly. Earning a chuckle from Kiyong.

"Alright then, I'll get some for you," Kiyong nodded and he turned the steering wheel to change the lane. He was almost there. He stopped the car as the traffic light turned red.

"Okay, I'm almost done,"

Kiyong smiled upon hearing the cheerfulness in her voice, "Okay then, I'll be there soon," Kiyong focused on her reply which the girl returned with a low okay before hung the call. The guy then sped up once again when the light turned green and maneuvered the car to the supermarket located near her apartment blocks area.

He quickly parked his car and stormed to the store fast, grabbing some bananas, apples, and pears. He glanced once at the drink section and saw a fruit can drink Hyeyoon's favorite. Kiyong flashed his gorgeous smile and grabbed a few cans.

Kiyong then stepped fast with his long limbs toward the cashier when he suddenly bumped on someone. A clanking sound was heard as the latter dropped some of the groceries.

"I'm sorry," Kiyong quickly gathered the groceries and gave it to the person he bumped onto. A quite tall man, dressing in a turtle neck sweater with his damp hair helplessly fell on his forehead took the stuff.

"It's fine," he said shortly. Kiyong frowned as he seemed to recognize him somewhere.

Kiyong squinted his eyes, trying to recall his memories. Then he remembered him, "Ah," he exclaimed. Gained attention from the other guy as he raised his face to see Kiyong with his brows furrowed.

Kiyong quickly apologized, "I'm so sorry. Are you Marcelino Kim?" he said carefully. The guy in front of him frowned and tilted his head to the side, confused for a moment.

He hesitantly replied, "Yes," the guy called Marcelino straightened his long posture and raised an eyebrow, "Sorry, do we know each other?" his tone was rather flat and unfriendly. Slightly felt disturbed of being bumped and didn't expect an encounter with an acquaintance.

"Oh," Kiyong reached out his hand first and introduce himself, "I'm Jang Kiyong. The Manager of Planning Division from LT Engineering and Construction, we've met briefly at the first meeting in Beijing with Mr. Xu and CEO Park while discussing the building project of M.IT Company branch in Seoul," Kiyong smiled professionally toward the delegation. Though he won't surprised at all if the guy in front of him didn't recognize him since the meeting was so brief and this Marcelino Kim left first due to his other schedule.

Marcelino Kim recalling his vivid memory of that day which he barely paid attention to the detail. But yes, he remembered that meeting and the representatives of the construction company were a young man and the CEO.