42. Making a Decision

It was early on Monday morning. I got up exactly at 6.30 AM when my first alarm rang loudly. Today, I decided to go to the office as I already felt a lot better. My sleeping was also getting better. After took a few days' leaves, I started to feel bored at home and called Kiyong that I wanted to go to work today.

Kiyong was asking whether I was sure about it, and I firmly said yes. At least, work could distract me from overthinking my problem and dilemma. The longer I stayed at home, the more I couldn't help to keep thinking about Rowoon every time I remembered what Kiyong said to me a few days ago.

But I didn't do as Kiyong said to meet him. I told Kiyong that I won't do it. I told him that it was better this way. I didn't know what am I going to do if I did meet him. I have tried not to make any contact with Rowoon since then. I block every communication with him and I did as Kiyong said to forget about him. I stared at my reflection in the mirror and let out a deep sigh. It was for the best. This was for the best.

What happened between me and Rowoon was over years ago. He was the one who decided himself. And this should be the literal end of my connection with him. If he couldn't cut the line, then I would do it.

Shutting my eyes tightly, I cleared my thoughts and told myself to stop thinking about him from now on. I rinsed my face with the cold water a few times. Let the water wiped away the restlessness. I chose what was best for my life, and I already did.

If I hadn't completely moved on all this time, then I'd do it properly now. I was tired of not be able to erase his shadow from my head. I hated for incapable to defend myself from him. Even after years, he still held a special place in my heart. But this time, I couldn't be full of myself anymore. I needed to think of others and think of Kiyong.

I didn't want to hurt him anymore.

I slowly moved from the drawer and stepped inside the bath up. I decided to take a cold shower this morning so that I could have a clearer mind and wished the cold water could cleanse my heavy thoughts.

* * *

It was exactly at 8.30 AM when Kiyong arrived at my apartment lobby and I already walked out from the elevator to the front entrance. I nodded to the security and walked straight to Kiyong's car.

"Good morning," he greeted and I smiled as I got up his car.

"Good morning," I replied to him, smiling.

He leaned to kiss my cheek, "How are you feeling today?" he asked while caressing the back of my palm gently. Sent a soft tingling but plain sensation to me. I looked up from his hand to see his gorgeous face.

"I'm feeling better, thanks to you," I replied and he showed me his proud smile.

He then started the engine and drove slowly out the apartment blocks to the main road. "What did you do, yesterday?" he asked lightly as if it was nothing to him. I stared at him just to check his facial expression but there was nothing.

I slightly frowned to digest what might his question means. I wasn't sure whether he referred to his suggestion before.

"I stayed at home, watching TV, eating, sleeping, relaxing," I told him honestly.

He frowned slightly and judged me, "Just that? How boring," he said playfully. I smirked. Yes, I was so boring that's why I insisted to go to work today. He then slightly turned to look at me, "Hyeyoon, are you sure you don't want to go to see Kim Rowoon?" he asked again and I choked my own breath.

He rubbed gently my back and waited for me to calm down before answered him with a weak no. He furrowed his brows. "Why?" he sounded so light as if this wasn't a big deal for him.