one

tw! abuse and child protective services (cps)

"your child has ASD, also known as autism spectrum disorder, so autism. i can help you guys learn more about it if you would like" the doctor smiled, handing yoongi's mom a pamphlet about autism, she faked a smile as she put the pamphlet in her purse, she couldn't believe her child was..weird.

yoongi started crying, his whole body was shaking. he knew his parents were going to beat him when he got home and he didn't like the thought of it, not even an hour into his diagnosis and he was having a hard time.

"yoongi-ah, it's okay! why are you crying?" the doctor asked, yoongi couldn't answer, he was afraid and too upset, it would happen often, he would feel strong emotions and not be able to communicate, his parents got mad at him a lot for that.

"do you want to write down what's wrong?" the doctor calmly asked, yoongi couldn't answer, he kept punching his thigh and ignoring the doctor "yoongi, don't hit yourself, that's not good, here" the doctor said, giving yoongi a stress ball. he played with it and tried to calm down, he hated being like this.

"i recommend searching for psychological help, i can write down some places" the doctor said, yoongi's mom shook her head. the doctor was crazy thinking she would pay for psychological help for her crazy son!

(a/n: yoongi's mom thinks yoongi is crazy, i don't think he is)

"i can figure it out" she said, the doctor nodded, he talked a bit more about yoongi's diagnosis before they left

-

"you're fucking insane! how am i going to explain to everyone that my son is autistic?! out of all things yoongi, out of a fucking things!!" his mom shouted as she drove, yoongi's ears began ringing, he didn't like shouting especially when it was his mom. he started crying, covering his ears.

"stop acting like the victim, i'm the victim! i can't believe i have an autistic son" she groaned, yoongi held his ears tighter, kicking the seat in front of him.

-

yoongi didn't feel safe at home, for once in his life, he prefered school over his own home. in school, they wouldn't call him rude things or hit him until bruises were made, at least he got fed at school. sometimes his teachers had extra snacks they gave to yoongi.

"mr.kim, do you have any snacks i could take home?" yoongi softly asked after class, he wanted to eat at home even though he wasn't really allowed to "i don't, sorry yoongi. why do you ask?" the teacher said, wiping the whiteboard.

"my parents don't feed me" he whispered, the teacher's heart dropped, no child deserved that "take a seat yoongi" mr.kim said, yoongi felt his heart beat faster but he nodded.

"why don't they feed you?" he asked, yoongi gulped, moving his arms around "i-i have autism" he said, not making eye contact, he couldn't make eye contact as a matter of fact "they don't feed you because you have autism?" the teacher asked, yoongi nodded, the teacher definitely had an emotion displayed but yoongi couldn't tell.

"do they hit you or say bad things to you?" he asked, yoongi nodded "and how does that make you feel?" the teacher asked, yoongi hummed "sad because its not my fault i have autism, i didn't choose to have it" yoongi said, playing with his fingers "i get that, do you have bruises?"

yoongi's mom told yoongi not to say anything but he totally forgot "yes, especially on my legs" he said, the teacher nodded "stay in my classroom for a bit, there's some fidget toys in the corner if you would like to use them, i'll be right back" the teacher said, yoongi nodded and hummed.

needless to say, yoongi was taken away from his parents and was in and out of foster homes. he didn't like any of the foster homes, none of them took care of him and they didn't try to understand his autism. that was until he was put in a foster home with a lesbian couple.

"i'm minsoo" one of the women said, a bright smile on her face "i'm kyungmi" the other woman said, yoongi nodded, he was a bit scared because his past foster homes didn't treat him well "i-i'm yoongi" the small boy mumbled, looking down at his feet "nice to meet you, yoongi. do you want to see your room?" minsoo asked, yoongi nodded and followed both women upstairs.

it was a light grey room, a few shelves on the walls, a window near the bed and a desk. of course there were clothing cabinets and a closet for his stuff.

yoongi touched the bedding and felt himself physically cringe, he rubbed his hands on his jeans in hopes of making the bad feeling go away "i-i don't like the material" yoongi whispered, kyungmi hummed "how about we go to the store after lunch and you can pick your own bedding sheets and pillows and anything for your bedroom, would that be nice?" the woman asked, yoongi smiled brightly, flapping his hands "yes!"

"you keep staring at that, do you want it?" minsoo asked, yoongi nodded, a huge smile on his face as he touched a sweater on display. it was his favorite material, it made him feel comforted.

"should we put it in the cart?" minsoo asked, kyungmi was at the other side of the store buying food "no, i wanna keep it in my hands" yoongi mumbled, minsoo smiled "that's fine"

"how old are you and kyungmi?" yoongi asked as he walked around with minsoo, touching the material on the sweater he was carrying "i'm 26 and kyungmi is 27" minsoo said, her and kyungmi had met at 15 years old and decided to spend the rest lf their lives together and adopt a child, yoongi was their 2nd foster child, the other one didn't like them for whatever reason.

yoongi hummed, "so, do you want to know anything else about kyungmi and i? would it be okay if all 3 of us went out to eat to get to know each other more?" she asked, "i would prefer to eat at home, some restaurants are too loud and i don't like it. i want to know if you and kyungmi are a couple" he said, minsoo chuckled "we are, we're looking to adopt a child. also, we can eat at home if that's what you prefer, what do you want to eat?" minsoo asked, yoongi hummed.

"can we have macaroni and cheese? it's my favorite food" yoongi said, minsoo nodded "of course"

yoongi slowly ate his macaroni cheese, hating the fact his foster parents were looking at him as he ate, he didn't like it all "can you please not stare at me?" he asked, "we're sorry, we just want to make sure you're doing okay" kyungmi said, yoongi nodded and continued eating.

"so, do you want to tell us a bit about yourself?" kyungmi asked, they had yoongi's information but there was still a lot they didn't know "uhh, i'm yoongi, i'm 12, and that's about it? i have autism if that's something you wanna know, all my foster homes didn't like me because i had autism and they find it too hard to deal with" yoongi said, shrugging a bit.

"we're sorry to hear that, we'll make sure you feel that we support you, we care about you either way" kyungmi said, she had a nice smile, one of the reasons minsoo fell in love with her, she was such a caring person.

"thank you" yoongi mumbled, pulling his knees to his chest "can i go to my room?" the boy asked, both women nodded "let us know if you need anything"

yoongi had never felt so loved and cared for by anyone, kyungmi and minsoo truly did care for him.

in a matter of months, he was adopted. february 11 is a day he will never forget.

hi! this is my new book. this is a new learning experience for me and i am reaching out to neurodivergent people for help writing as well as doing research. thank you for your understanding! qotd: do you know how to play any instrument? if so, which one? sorry for any mistakes!! if you find yoongi's behaviors weird and comment, i will delete your comment