eighty-seven

yoongi hated tightenings, he despised them. he hated all doctors in general.

"stupid fucking doctors" he muttered under his breath as he walked to the door, "not fucking fair" he mumbled, opening the door and instantly being overwhelmed with the smell of toothpastes and whatever.

he checked in, holding his stuffed frog tight in his hands as he sat down.

"i think the braces aren't working, my teeth are still crooked" yoongi spoke, the man laughed, "they're working yoongi, you just don't see it" he spoke as he put on gloves, "oh and look, i know you really like frogs so here's this toothbrush"

yoongi took it in his hands and smiled, "thank you!" he said, holding it tightly.

"before we get started, how'd you do with the powerchain?" he asked, yoongi shrugged, "naturally, i was whiny and stuff at the beginning but then i just didn't care"

"would you be okay with powerchains on both rows today?" he asked, yoongi nodded, "they move my teeth faster, right?"

the man nodded, "mhm, do you want to pick a color before we start?" he asked, yoongi nodded.

yoongi arrived home and sat next to taehyung, "hi baby, where were you?" he asked, "orthodontist appointment" he said, a small lisp present in his speech.

taehyung chuckled, "why are you laughing?" he asked, lisp present everytime he spoke, "you have a lisp"

"stop bullying me, it's because i have so many bands in my mouth and i got a powerchain on top and it feel weird for me" he pouted, "sucks to suck"

yoongi held his grumbling stomach and mumbled the word, 'hungry'.

"let me get some food ready for you"

"i'm scared namjoon is going to leave me because of my ied"

hoseok broke down into tears after telling his therapist that, it was a true fear he had since middle school.

"everyone always leaves because of it! i'm a scary person, admit it! i'm crazy, i'm horrible!" he sobbed, it had been a while since he had cried over his ied.

"it's been a while since you've felt like this over yourself from what i understand, correct?" his therapist asked, he nodded, "hoseok, no one is perfect, please have some self compassion for yourself. you're not perfect, having ied doesn't make you a horrible, scary, crazy person. especially now that you've made so much progress" she spoke, hoseok sobbed, "i'm scary, i hate this feeling"

"hoseok, having a disorder doesn't make you scary. anyone can be scary, you can think namjoon is scary when he's mad but he doesn't have ied. you've learned to calm yourself down in elevated situations and i think that's big" she said, hoseok sniffled.

"do you think joon will stay with me?"

"of course, hoseok. namjoon stayed with you during one of the darkest time periods in your life"

hoseok cried harder, "you're right"

he talked with his therapist as he cried, slowly calming down.