forty-two

yoongi giggled when he saw taehyung walk through school doors, he went in for a hug, failing to notice that taehyung was upset.

taehyung woke up unmotivated and exhausted, he threw on whatever clothing he saw first and headed to school.

"taetae! how are you?" yoongi smiled, his cheeks rising up, "good" he said in a low monotone voice, pushing by yoongi to get where he needed to be.

yoongi frowned, was taehyung mad at him? his mind was probably just making up things.

he tried to ignore it but the thought was in the corner of his mind, itching for answers.

"taetae! i found this really cool frog magazine at the library! do you want to read it with me?" yoongi excitedly exclaimed, sitting across from taehyung and opening his lunch box.

taehyung didn't respond, honestly, he was upset and just didn't want to be bothered.

"taehyung?" yoongi asked, taehyung sighed, "just leave me alone! you're so stupid! you never know when to leave somebody alone!" taehyung shouted, slamming his fist on the table and stomping off.

yoongi's ears began ringing. he tried to not cry, or let out any sound in that case but he began shaking.

he ran to the bathroom and began crying. were relationships supposed to be like...this? was he stupid?

he pulled out his phone, calling his mom to come pick him up.

yoongi

mom please answer

i wnat to go home

mom

minsoo

what's wrong

yoongi

feeling very sad

please pcik meup

minsoo

i'll be there in 20

in all honesty, taehyung didn't care about what he had done. in fact, he hadn't even processed that he had made yoongi cry and feel bad.

he laid his head down at the lunch table, a sigh leaving his lips. shortly after, namjoon and hoseok came to sit next to him.

"where's yoonie?" namjoon asked, taehyung shrugged, "haven't seen him" he lied, "aw man, i wanted to show him this tiktok about frogs" hoseok frowned, a pout on his face.

"holly" yoongi mumbled, hugging him close to his chest.

yoongi laid down in his bed, his mind overflowing with thoughts. he thought taehyung knew better than to say those things.

"all i am is stupid. i'm a stupid autistic" yoongi said, crying into his pillow. within 30 minutes, he managed to convince himself he didn't even deserve namjoon, hoseok, or taehyung.