thirty-four

"so let me get this straight, while i was gone, tae and yoon started to like each other? and they're clueless?" hoseok scoffed as he bickered with namjoon before class.

"i mean, taehyung kinda knows but yoongi is confused about his feelings so it's confusing" namjoon shrugged, hoseok hummed, "so taehyung isn't using yoongi to his advantage?" he asked, "nope, in fact, yesterday they baked together" namjoon smiled, hoseok smiled back, "good to know"

yoongi hummed as he walked towards hoseok and namjoon, "hi seok! we missed you!" yoongi smiled, hoseok smiled back, "thank you"

yoongi went into class earlier since it was quiet and the hallways were loud, he sat next to taehyung with a small smile on display, "hi yoongi, how are you?" taehyung asked, handing yoongi a small carton of strawberry milk.

"i'm good. hoseokie is back!" yoongi said, his face lighting up with joy, the boy was extremely happy, "that's nice" taehyung mumbled, he didn't really want to see hoseok.

"your expression changed" yoongi hummed, staring at taehyung to try and figure out what was happening with the boy, "huh? no, i got distracted" taehyung said, yoongi nodded, "okay, whatever you say"

"i'm sorry for what i did and said last time we saw each other. it could have been handled in a different way" hoseok apologized to taehyung, bowing a bit, "thank you for apologizing. i think you had every right to believe those horrible things after everything i did too yoongi"

yoongi pulled up a chair in between both boys and looked at them both, wanting to study their facial expressions and tone. hoseok and taehyung glanced at yoongi, "so are both of you friends now?"

hoseok and taehyung chuckled, "i guess so, but i'm more interested on why you pulled up a chair in between taehyung and i's conversation?" the boy questioned, yoongi hummed, "i can't do that?"

"it can be seen as rude because hoseokie and i were having a private conversation" taehyung explained, yoongi made an 'o' shape with his mouth, "but i wanted to study your facial expressions"

taehyung nodded, "i understand, maybe next time you can ask or find other ways?" taehyung said, yoongi frowned and nodded.

(a/n: i took this experience from @soundoftheforest on tiktok!)

he was mad of himself for not understanding the social cue. he just didn't understand. he knew it wasn't his fault but it felt like it.

yoongi rolled up into a small ball, rocking back and forth as he held back tears. he felt so stupid.

yoongi couldn't stop thinking about that. why couldn't he just understand social cues?

he hated having autism, people were stupid for romanticizing having autism and finding it aesthetic.

he sobbed into his knees in the corner of the bathroom. it was the only quiet place without shouting teachers or noisy students.

yoongi

mom

can ykou pick me upn please

kyungmi

why