forty-one

february 11!

it was finally february 11! yoongi jumped up in joy, running to go tell his parents.

he raced down the stairs, his stuffed frog in hand, "moms! guess what day it is!" yoongi grinned, seeing his mom's were making breakfast.

"your adoption anniversary!" minsoo smiled, yoongi smile grew, his eyes turned into crescents and he stimmed.

"we made waffles, with whipped cream on top just how you like it"  kyungmi said, yoongi's smile couldn't be any bigger. his cheeks hurt from smiling so much!

"thank you mom's! i love you"

"we love you too"

yoongi had the brightest smile when he got to school, he was wearing the outfit he wore when he got adopted. it still fit, he hadn't really grown in years.

"it's a special day" hoseok smiled, yoongi nodded, flapping his hands. his day couldn't go wrong!

"mhm!" he stimmed, jumping on his tippy toes, "i'm not sure what to say so congrats on getting adopted 3 years ago?" hoseok laughed, yoongi laughed as well, "thank you"

"congratulations yoonie!" namjoon said, running towards yoongi and hugging him, yoongi hugged namjoon and smiled.

yoongi didn't like hugs before he met his friends but now, he loved them. he learned namjoon, hoseok, and taehyung gave the best hugs!

"this is the outfit i wore to the court when i got adopted" yoongi giggled, giving a 360 of his outfit, "it suits you, looks cute but formal"

taehyung came running to the young boy, "yay! congrats yoongi!" yoongi giggled, this was the first time in years he had friends to celebrate special days.

after school, they went to yoongi's house. yoongi was beyond happy.

him, namjoon, hoseok, and taehyung were going to make care bags for kids in foster care, yoongi always loved these when in foster care.

"i feel like it's my birthday" yoongi chuckled, the other boys laughed, "it's a special day"

yoongi nodded, "was the foster care system nice?" hoseok asked, yoongi shook his head, "i was in many foster homes and the people were rude.. and mean. they wouldn't take the time to learn about autism or anything. also, it may just be me but my case worker was mean"

yoongi frowned, "she would say that i would never have a real family or friends because i'm autistic" yoongi said, letting tears fall from his eyes.

he sniffled, the boys frowned. taehyung got closer to the boy, wiping his tears and smiling, "look at me yoon"

yoongi made slight eye contact for two seconds before his eyes wandered off, taehyung placed a small kiss on yoongi's forehead.

yoongi practically jumped, his mouth in the shape or 'o'. he gasped and began jumping, he ran off while shouting, "moms, taetae kissed my forehead!"

"how does yoonie feel about getting a kiss~?" namjoon teased when yoongi came back, yoongi huffed, hiding his face.

"shy and stomach feels fuzzy again" he pouted, sitting back down with the boys, taehyung chuckled, "ooo~" he teased, yoongi whined.

"meanie heads"

"honestly, marriage is weird.. how does a ring define how much you love someone. if you love me so much, get me a frog" yoongi scoffed, hoseok nodded, "true bestie"

yoongi began talking about frogs, it was like a mini science lesson from yoongi. he knew all of it from the top of his head.

yoongi was watching a movie with the rest, his head on taehyung's shoulder.

"aw man, why are people always horny" hoseok sighed, skipping through the movie, yoongi cringed, closing his eyes "ew"

yoongi was cuddled next to taehyung's side, he was very comforting next to him.

"taetae, are you cold?" yoongi asked, taehyung shook his head so yoongi hummed, "where is seok and joon?"

yoongi looked around, flinching when he heard the door open. he saw hoseok and namjoon carrying a frog decorated cake.

"happy birthday to you!" hoseok sung, earning a smack across the head from taehyung, "dumbass, his birthday is march 9th"

namjoon set the cake down, "it feels like a birthday though" yoongi spoke, taking a moment to loon at the beautiful cake.

his eyes became crescents and his teeth and gums were on full display.

it didn't take long before he started crying again, "oh yoonie, why are you crying?" taehyung frowned, "this is the first time in years i have special people to celebrate important dated with" he cried, the other boys frowned upon hearing the boy.

taehyung pulled him close to his chest and rubbed circles, "it's okay yoonie, we'll stay by your side" taehyung reassured him, yoongi hiccuped, wiping tears off his face.

"no more crying, it's a special day" taehyung said, yoongi nodded. he hummed before pointing to his forehead, "what about your forehead?'

yoongi frowned, and taehyung knew what yoongi wanted. the boy placed a kiss on yoongi's forehead.

hoseok began clapping out of excitement, yoongi truly was the cutest.

"what's tiktok?" yoongi asked, glancing at the boys. yoongi was always behind on trends, as much as he would like to be to date, to his defense, he didn't understand them.

there were some trends on instagram that he would understand but a lot of the time, he didn't understand but he was too embarrassed to ask for help understanding them.

"it's an app where people post videos" namjoon explained, yoongi nodded, he would download it to see what it was about.

the boys left and it was just yoongi and his parents.

he was drained, he had so much fun with his friends and felt like he was at 10% battery now.

"yoongi, did you have fun?" kyungmi asked with a smile, yoongi showed a sleepy smile and nodded, "mhm, lots of fun" yoongi smiled, pulling his mom in for a hug.

minsoo, yoongi, and kyungmi hugged. it was such a special day.

THIS IS SO SHORT IM SO SORRY BUT I HOPE YOU ENJOYED. I LOVE YOU ALL SM. stay safe and healthy! drink water and eat some food! sorry for any mistakes, i love you all! qotd: how are you guys enjoying the book so far?