seventy-eight

yoongi buttoned up his shirt and adjusted his pants as he got ready to go to the event at his college.

he wasn't necessarily excited but he wanted to have the college experience and see what people were up to.

he looked at his outfit, deciding he was satisfied. he got holly on a leash and smiled.

he took a seat in a circle of chairs where people were gathering, his back was straight and hands were on his knees like he had trained himself.

"holly sit" yoongi spoke, holly did as told. yoongi began feeling anxious. he prepared himself to speak.

yoongi had spaced out for a bit, he knew they were doing introductions and it would soon be his turn.

"my name is yoongi and i'm majoring in psychology and social work" he said, he saw the faces of many girl's change to an expression he couldn't read but they looked in awe.

"your face is really pretty" a girl spoke, yoongi showed a small smile before speaking, "thank you"

yoongi tried masking to the best of his ability but soon he was rocking forward and backwards as he looked at everyone.

holly jumped on yoongi's lap,  yoongi breathed out and caressed him as he focused on the conversation.

soon enough, the big group split into smaller groups. yoongi decided to join a random group of boy's.

"this guy is short. are you like 16?" a guy laughed, "i just turned 19" he spoke, "well, tell us about yourself"

yoongi hummed, "i'm yoongi, 19, majoring is psychology and social work" he said, "isn't psychology like a girl's thing?" another guy laughed, the short boy shook his head.

"nope! it's for everyone. it's a type of science" he clarified, "not a very manly thing though"

yoongi shrugged, "i don't mind if that's the case. it's what i enjoy" he said, "what's your service dog for?"

"holly! i love holly" he smiled, flapping his hands a bit, "no reason to be so excited. it's just a dog"

"well, he's a service dog. he helps me when i get overwhelmed and stuff" yoongi spoke, "are you disabled?"

yoongi nodded, "what disability do you have?"

yoongi found the question rather weird and abrupt, "i have autism" he said, "so you're a r*****?"

the guys were laughing like the funniest joke in the world had just been made.

he didn't get it at all. what was so funny about a slur? tears clouded his eyes and he flapped his hands. holly attempted to help but yoongi wasn't cooperating.

the guy slammed yoongi against one of the walls, putting his hands on the wall, "stop flapping your hands, it's annoying!"

yoongi let out a small cry, the guy was shouting at yoongi with slurs and had yoongi's wrists against a wall.

"no one flaps their hands! got it?" he shouted, "i can't help it!"

the man laughed, "i'll teach you how to help it!"