forty-eight

it was yoongi's birthday.

yoongi honestly didn't care, he didn't think of it as something special in all honesty. especially since his biological parents never celebrated it, every birthday they'd tell him he was a mistake and he honestly couldn't agree more.

his biological parents had never treated him right, but they became abusive after yoongi got his diagnosis.

"good morning birthday boy" minsoo smiled, yoongi hummed, "it's my birthday?" he asked, minsoo nodded.

"oh.. that's why my friends were asking me what i want for my birthday" he said, spacing out to think.

"you don't remember your birthday?" minsoo asked, "i do but i just don't put importance to it" he said, his shoulders shrugging and he pet holly.

"who put this hat on him?" yoongi laughed, "kyungmi did before she left for work. he looks funny" she laughed, yoongi giggled, "he looks cute though"

yoongi doodled in his notebook, the teacher soon came in with a smile.

"today is yoongi's birthday" she announced, yoongi shivered when he felt all eyes on him but he smiled a bit to show respect, "we usually sing happy birthday on a student's birthday but today, we'll just do silent clapping and if you'd like to, you can write him happy birthday" she said, being cautious of yoongi's needs.

"but that's not fair, yoongi deserves equal treatment" a kid said, "it's okay, i have sensory issues so i prefer a quiet birthday. i really appreciate it" yoongi said, showing one of the cutest smiles.

"birthday boy!" taehyung cheered, making yoongi giggle, "yes i'm a birthday boy" he said, taehyung placed a kiss on his forehead.

"what are you doing to celebrate?" namjoon asked, yoongi shrugged, "i don't think i'll do anything.. i don't like celebrating it" he spoke, hoseok raised a brow, "why not?"

he sighed, "my biological parents always told me it was the day a disappointment was born" he mumbled, taehyung was the most upset to hear that out of the three.

"those stupid motherfuckers—, yoongi, you're not a disappointment. you're the best, and kindest person. let's the make the best out of this day even if it can be upsetting" hoseok said, yoongi softly smiled, "thank you"

"i think i want to go out to eat at a restaurant" yoongi said, "we'll definitely go if you invite us" namjoon smiled, yoongi nodded.

"hi yoongi" kyungmi said once yoongi got in the car, "hi" he smiled, "what do you want to do for your birthday?" she asked, "uh, maybe eat out?"

she nodded, "are you going to invite your friends?" she asked, yoongi nodded, "alright, we'll leave the house whenever you're ready"

yoongi flapped his hands when he saw his friends enter the restaurant, he was happy to see them.

kyungmi and minsoo waved a bit, a smile on their faces, "happy birthday" taehyung smiled, "you already told me that"

taehyung laughed, "mhm, but i have to appreciate the fact you were born 16 years ago" he shrugged.