thirty-eight

tw: mentions of abuse, r slur

"you confessed over text?" hoseok asked, a scoff leaving his lips, taehyung chuckled and nodded.

"i panicked!" he frowned, his head in his palms, "where is yoongi anyways?" namjoon asked, class almost started and yoongi was nowhere to be found.

the boys hummed, "i'm not sure, i saw him walk into the school but he seemed shaky. he shook his head and walked off somewhere" hoseok said, taehyung hummed, "i'll check the library" he said, taking off to see the boy.

yoongi rocking back and forth while chewing onto a sensory chew. he had a nightmare the previous night but didn't tell anyone.

"yoongi-ah?" taehyung softly said, sitting next to yoongi, yoongi hummed, "what's wrong?" taehyung asked, yoongi looked at taehyung's eyes for a second and looked away.

taehyung knew his eyes were full of fear, the boy was rocking back and forth, something was wrong. he grabbed a piece of paper and a pen, handing it to the boy.

had a nightmare last night and i feel anxious and scared :(

taehyung read it, showing a sympathetic smile at the boy, "it's okay yoongi, you'll get through this. no one will hurt you, pinky promise"

yoongi stared at the ground and nodded, taehyung held out his pinky, yoongi held out his pinky, linking it with taehyung's.

"do you have any way to communicate that isn't paper?" taehyung asked, it was a bit hard to communicate with yoongi when he was nonverbal.

yoongi had been trying to find new ways to communicate since his friends didn't know sign language and he couldn't always use his phone.

he grabbed some cards out of his backpack. they were communication cards.

yoongi pointed to the yes card and smiled, he was going to try them out to see how they worked out. his moms said he didn't have to use them but he should try them out.

"wow these are cool" taehyung grinned, happy that there was an easier way to communicate with yoongi, yoongi nodded, pointing to a card that said, 'i am happy'.

taehyung smiled, "that's amazing yoon, let's get to class, okay?" he asked, yoongi nodded.

he went on his tippy toes to touch taehyung's hair. his hair was soft and fluffy, similar to a kitty's.

he giggled, jumping up and down a bit which made taehyung smile.

"yoon, why do you walk on your tippy toes?" taehyung asked, he frequently saw yoongi walk on his tippy toes. he didn't know why, yoongi shrugged. he had always done it when he was a child.

kyungmi tried to stop him in fear that he would damage his feet but yoongi didn't stop. he tried to walk normally but always walked on his tippy toes when he could.

yoongi was freaking out about his test. he knew the answers but there was too much! he was too overwhelmed.

tears brimmed in his eyes and he sulked, trying to focus on what the question was asking him.