ninety-nine

"congrats on completing your last hour of training!" yoongi smiled with a cake in his hands as taehyung opened the door, taehyung smiled and licked the frosting, "very yummy, thank you baby, we should have that for dessert"

yoongi nodded, "so i was thinking maybe we should foster older kids because they're neglected in the system, i was wondering if that's okay with you before i send in the request?" yoongi asked, "of course, baby"

hoseok was a bit concerned when namjoon came in angry to their apartment, "what's wrong?"

"nothing" he gritted the through his teeth, "then why are you mad? are you putting me through a simulation of my ied episodes?"

"i'm not mad and no, i am not doing that" he mumbled, "whatever you say" hoseok said, scrolling through tiktok on his phone.

hoseok went in to check in on the boy an hour later, he figured there was probably traffic on the way to their apartment.

he saw the dried tear drops on namjoon's paper, "what's wrong, sweetheart? was it me?" he asked, namjoon shook his head, "i got an 80 on my test" he mumbled, "ooh, an 80? wow! and then what happened?" he smiled, "why do you seem so excited over an 80?"

"because an 80 is good" he said, "it lowered my grade from a 98 to a 95! i should've studied harder or something" he raised his voice, "i have an 86 in my class and i don't even go to law school"

"you don't get it! i'm kim namjoon, the only thing i'm good at is school! and somehow i fail at that too?" he scoffed, "school is not the only thing you're good at. joonie, don't think of yourself like this. first of all, many law students are failing and would kill for an 80, an 80 is amazing in law. my joonie is good at so many things like reading, looking at art and museums, has an amazing outfit color scheme if i say so myself as a fashion design major, very good at setting up romantic dates even though he's a bit clumsy, and he's very good at making me feel loved" he said, kissing his forehead.

"you think so?" he asked, "i know so. let's just cuddle, hm?"

namjoon couldn't help but smile and nod.

yoongi hummed upon seeing their caseworker at the door, "hello" he smiled, "good afternoon, can i come in?" she asked with a smile, yoongi nodded, "sorry the living room is a bit messy, we were watching a movie"

taehyung stood up and bowed, "ah it's alright, i sent an email that i would come. would you guys like to meet me here in the kitchen so we can talk about some things?" she smiled.

they nodded, sitting across her. they held hands under the table, "so after consideration, your applications and interviews have been approved which means you get your license to become foster parents" she said, handing each of them their certificates that stated they were licensed foster parents.

both boy smiled widely, the certificates seemed unreal to them.

"so now we're going to talk about placement. yoongi, you said you both wanted someone older?" she said, they nodded, "yes ma'am"

"we have this boy named ji-ho, who just turned 13, his father wasn't a good person, he was alcoholic and abused him. his mother has custody of him but she's being interviewed and inspected for child abuse too. one time a week, he gets to see his mom with me present for 2 hours. i'll be responsible from taking him to and from his mom. he has a history of depression, anxiety, and ptsd"