seventy

"wait, so autism isn't something you grow out of?" a girl in yoongi's psychology class asked yoongi.

yoongi stared at her, "are you joking?" he asked, "i'm being serious" she told the boy.

yoongi blinked, "am i in the wrong class? i thought i was in an advanced psychology class" he spoke, he didn't have the intention of being mean but the girl took it as an insult.

"can you stop being rude and answer the question?!" she shouted at the boy, yoongi frowned, "please don't shout at me.. sorry i didn't mean to come off as rude.  to answer your question, autism is for the rest of one's life" he spoke, "so you've been autistic your whole life?"

yoongi nodded, "got diagnosed when i was 11 or so" he spoke, he had learned to socialize a bit more in college since he saw taehyung socialize a lot.

"is there medicine for it?" she asked, yoongi raised a brow, "um, there's no cure. i know ABA therapy but my mother told me it's traumatizing for autistic people" he spoke, not making eyes contact with the girl in front of him.

"can autistic people have sex?" she asked, "yes" he answered, feeling a bit weirded out.

he looked at his frog watch, "i have to head home now" he spoke, waving goodbye.

taehyung sighed as he walked in on yoongi sitting in front of the mirror again.

"i don't like my smile, or my eyes, or anything about me" he spoke, taehyung sighed again, "3 positive things right now. i'm not going to let you degrade yourself like this"

yoongi pouted and pulled tae into a hug the boy couldn't reject.

"i need you to stop nit picking at yourself like that.. it's not okay. only positive things" taehyung explained and yoongi nodded with a sniffle.

yoongi reclined on the orthodontist chair, his sweaty hands on his pants as he closed his eyes.

after staring at himself in the mirror, his teeth was something he could fix. he wpuld need thousands of more dollars to fix his other flaws.

"please tell me what you'll be doing step by step" yoongi said, the orthodontist nodded, "i will"

yoongi always got medical treatment from people who specialize in special needs because it's what he felt more comfortable doing.

"i'm going to clean your teeth to make sure they're ready" the man spoke, yoongi nodded.

they placed a cheek retractor on his mouth which made him giggle a bit because it reminded him of a game he played with taehyung.

but he soon started whining which led to them to stop and taking breaks a lot more often because yoongi woukd get overwhelmed.

the whole thing should've taken an hour but it took them 2 hours because yoongi was overwhelmed very often.

he hated how it felt. he hated this new feeling in his mouth, he tried to bite down on some bread and it hurt.

he cried in the middle of the dark shared room until taehyung came home.