fifty-five

yoongi tried to be calm at school but he really couldn't knowing that when he went home, his sister would be at home.

he was nervous, that was all he could think about. he was too nauseous to even eat at lunch.

"i'm getting a sister" yoongi said, causing all eye on him, "stop staring at me" he munbled, "what? how? your parents are lesbians" taehyung said, making slight eye contact with the boy.

"she's going to be taken in as a foster. i know that means change and i hate change but she's been in the system her whole life and she'll be 18 soon" yoongi frowned, "and what happens when they turn 18?" hoseok asked as he ate rice.

"i didn't really get that talk since i was 12 but i listened to people online and older fosters and they said the system can no longer help them, i think they help them a bit financially but that's about it "

all boys froze, their mouth open from shock, "that's fucked up, that's horrible" namjoon spoke, "yes, so i want my parents to take her in, especially since she's autistic. the foster treats people with autism like shit" he mumbled, "that's why i want to be a social worker, try to lighten up people's lives" yoongi said, all 3 boys stared at him with admiration and heart eyes.

"you have a heart of gold" taehyung said, "i'm nervous to meet her" yoongi said, "i'm sure you'll do great, yoon" namjoon reassured, a smile on display.

"her name is ha-eun" kyungmi said as they drove, "she's nonverbal right now because of the change, i'm sure you can communicate with her with sign or a notebook" kyungmi said, yoongi nodded.

"is her bedroom done?" he asked, they has an extra bedroom and it finally came to use, "no, it's plain like yours when you came home but once she expresses herself a bit more, we'll decorate it the way she likes it" the woman explained.

yoongi nodded, "i'm nervous" he munbled, "we all are yoonie, i'm sure you'll do just fine"

when yoongi got home, ha-eun was eating kimchi at the kitchen table.

she stood up and bowed down to the boy, yoongi bowed down too, "i'm yoongi" he spoke, waving at the girl.

the girl waved, not being able to speak, "i have autism too" he said, sitting across the girl as he tried to give off a welcoming atmosphere.

"when were you diagnosed?" she signed, "i was 11" yoongi signed, the girl nodded, "when were you diagnosed?" yoongi asked, "i was 13" she signed, yoongi put on a smile.

"that's nice, do you have a special interest?" he asked, "politics" she signed, yoongi stared at her, "politics are hard, i'm guessing you're smart"

the girl laughed a little bit, yoongi took this as a sign that he was doing good, "not really" she signed, "i can't trust you on that one" yoongi spoke, she smiled.

"i'm not that smart, trust me" she signed, "i'm really tired, i'm going to take a nap. we can talk more later" she said, yoongi nodded.

"am i nice?" he signed, a shy expression on display, "extremely, thank you" she smiled as she got up.

yoongi

GUYS

I MADE CONVERSATION AND SHE SAID I WAS NICE