Chapter 3

I could tell that she didn't know that I had moved closer to her. It must have shocked her when she didn't feel me breathing either.

My face was so close to hers that she had to take a step back. I saw her glance at my lips, which were pressed tightly together.

"T-Thanks," she stuttered and quickly maneuvered her way around me and into the hallway.

I followed closely behind her and shut the door. I leaned against the wall and watched her walk towards the end of the hall where another set of stairs were. I was amused by how she didn't even know where she was going, yet she continued to walk.

She stopped and looked back at me, curiously watching her.

"Moving on," I tell her. I walked to where she was and led her up the stairs.

As we walked up, I thought about how I wished I went hunting with my brothers. I'm really thirsty and she wasn't making it any easier to control my thirst.

What am I doing again? I hear her think to herself. I could feel her growing uncomfortable.

Why did she have to be so shy? Why couldn't be like the girls at school? Those girls were fun to torture.

I licked my teeth to see if my fangs were still out and they weren't. I sighed in relief.

"Do you want me to go?" She asked me as we reached the top of the stairs. Oh, please say yes! Please say yes! She practically begged in her mind.

I turned to look at her and shook my head. "Now, my room," I said and opened the door behind me.

She walked in and I heard her low intake of breath.

Why do girls make a big deal about being alone in a guy's room with the guy? I think to myself. I rolled my eyes and walked in after her. I walked past her and sat on my bed and started to read.

I don't even get why she looks impressed by my room. Everything was mainly black and white. The walls were white, my bed in the center of one wall and had a black and white bedspread. My black desk had a white desk chair and was placed in front of my bed. Then a black couch was in the corner of the room and my balcony was to the right side of my bed and had black curtains.

I could feel her eyes on me and hear her think, Why is everyone so intimidated by him? He's so normal.

I lifted my book up higher to cover a smile that was playing at the edge of my lips. NORMAL?! Hah! Yeah, right! I'm sooo normal. I sarcastically thought and bit my lip trying not to laugh.

"Wow," she whispered and I looked up to see her observing everything in sight.

She started towards the balcony doors and opened them absentmindedly and walked out onto the balcony. A gust of air blew into the room making Destinee's hair fly back behind her head.

Her scent was now swirling around the room. I felt my fangs slide out again at the smell of her warm blood. I clenched my jaw and walked out behind her. I closed the doors and leaned against them trying to keep control.

"It looks amazing outside," she muttered in awe. I should probably leave now, was her next thought.

I heard her, but I had to keep my mouth shut or I wouldn't be able to stop myself from drinking her blood. I didn't have that much strength.

"Well, I should go home now," she spoke quietly and turned to face me.

I nodded sharply and opened the door to let her in first.

We both walked back to the front door in complete silence. I opened the door before she could and she walked out.

When she was about a foot away, I grabbed her wrist and wrapped my fingers around it. My other arm wrapped its way around her waist and I pulled her body to mine. I kissed her neck once and whispered, "See you at school," into her ear and let go of the shocked Destinee with a smirk on my lips.