Chapter 37

~Destinee~

Zayn ended up taking me to a drive-in movie.

"Okay, don't laugh," Zayn stated as he drove to our designated screen.

I turned to look at him. "Why would I laugh?"

A small smile appeared on his face. "We're watching that new Disney movie, Frozen..." He trailed off unsurely.

I smiled widely. "Really?! I've been wanting to see it!"

I saw him exhale and visibly relax in posture. "Oh, okay. That's good."

I laughed at his nervousness to which he shot me a wink.

After watching the movie, which we both really enjoyed and encourage everyone to go and see, Zayn suggested that he take us out to Earl's to eat since we hadn't eaten anything yet.

Zayn drove to Earl's where we went in and were seated. We ordered and not long after, our food had arrived.

I took a bite from my sandwich and almost moaned at the savory taste.

"So, did you have fun today?" Zayn asked before taking a bite out of his sandwich.

I couldn't speak yet because I was still chewing my food, so I just nodded in response, to which he laughed at.

"Your cheeks are huge," he teased.

I swallowed and laughed. "Shut up, dork."

"Ah, you're still calling me that?" He asked offended, but there was a smile playing on his lips.

"Yes, I am. Dorky, dork, dork," I sang, then laughed.

He smiled at me.

"What time is it?" I asked him.

He pulled out his phone and looked at the screen. "Um, almost nine."

"Wow, that movie was long."

"Yeah. So, did Danielle attack you too?"

"Yup."

"What did you say when she asked 'Are you two going out?'?"

"I said no. What did you say?" I asked him curiously and lowered my sandwich.

"I said, 'No, but I wish.'" He shrugged nonchalantly and took another bite of his sandwich.

I put my sandwich down and stared at him blankly.

"What?" He asked obliviously.

"Why would you say that?" I asked.

"I only told her what I wanted," he defended.

"Well, it'll be hard because I don't think I would ever date another guy," I told him honestly.

"You can give me a chance?" He quietly suggested.

"A chance?" I repeated.

"Yeah. We can try dating and if you like it, then we can be together, but if you don't, we stay friends," Zayn explained.

"I don't think I can do that."

"Sure, you can."

I stayed quiet as I thought it over.

"How about we go on a date this Friday?" He asked me after a minute of silence.

I hesitated, but agreed. "Sure."

After his proposal, Zayn drove me home. When he pulled up into the driveway of my house, he got off and helped me get off of the motorcycle. It was kind of like one of those corny scenes in movies. You know, where the girl and the boy kiss on the porch after the boy walks the girl to the door.