Chapter 27

On my bed, with his regular skin color, was Harry.

For a second, I thought he was really back, but then I realized that it was his ghost again.

My eyes puffed up with tears. He seemed more real and alive this time though.

He sat with his elbows on his knees and his face in his hands.

I walked up to him and stood in front of him, staring. I still couldn't believe it.

He looked up at me, still slightly see through, then stood up and grabbed my face. "If I find a way to come back, I will come back, but you have to understand how much I hated being myself. Every time I drank your blood, I hated myself even more. I hated thinking that I might hurt you by making love to you. I was worried that I could've hurt you by simply doing this. I wasn't ignoring your question, I just don't know of any way to come back. What makes me feel even worse is that you cry. I don't want to see you cry. I want you to be happy, even if it means that I have to watch you be with Zayn, so be it. I can't stand seeing you suffer. Please, don't cry anymore. Just know that no matter what, I'll still be here. I'm always around you; I never leave your side. If you don't feel cold, I'm just in a corner letting you warm up. I don't want you to freeze," he smiled and stroked my cheek.

I couldn't even mumble out a word. I was too hypnotized by his presence. I finally snapped out of it to say something. "Don't leave," I whispered.

"I won't, but I have to stay here. I absorbed too much electricity and will be in this form for about seven hours, which means that I can't go with you, but I'll be here waiting for you."

"In that case, I won't leave." I wrapped my fingers around his cold wrists.

"You're not going to your friend's birthday party just for a ghost?" He asked with a slight smile and shake of his head.

"Yes. I want to be here with you for seven hours. I want to see this face," I told him as I grabbed his face in my hands. "I want to see your eyes for as long as I can." My tears were still coming and they wouldn't stop.

He wiped away my tears. "The party will only be about two hours. I'll still be here. Since you don't have school tomorrow, I'll find a way to get more electricity." He smiled.

"One question, how much did you get?"

"Let's just say that many houses have power outages," he smirked. "I even scared some people. It was fun," He chuckled and I melted at the sound.

That's when I noticed something.

When he was a vampire, he had white and pale skin, but his skin now was slightly tanner, like a cream tan. So this was his natural skin color? It's beautiful.

"Was this your skin color?" I asked in a whisper.

"Yeah. Do I look that different?" He smirked.

"Yes, more gorgeous."

He shook his head while laughing. That was the most amazing sound that I've heard in such a long time. "I love you," he smiled with his teeth.

"I love you too," I smiled wide.

"I promise," he took my face in his hands, "I will close this long distance between us. I will find a way to get back to you, but if I can't, please do me this favor and move on. Find someone else."

"No, I wo-" I tried to protest, but he placed his finger over my lips.

"Please. Just do it."

"Fine. I don't make any promises though. No guy likes me," I smirked, it was true.