Chapter 15

I got up and somehow managed to make my way home unharmed with all the tears in my eyes. I made my way upstairs and collapsed on my bed while crying even more.

"Honey!" My mom burst into my room and I knew that she had heard the news about Harry and his family being vampires. "Are you alright? Did that thing hurt you?"

I just about had it. I snapped my head up and screamed at her, "He is not a 'thing' and no, he did not hurt me!"

She stepped back at my tone of voice. "But he sucked your blood!"

I got up off my bed and stood facing her. "I let him! Did anyone even consider that?! I gave him my blood from the beginning! It's not like he attacked me! I love him!"

"You can't love something that wants to kill you!"

"He doesn't want to kill me! Don't you get it?! I told him that he could have my blood! I told him that I would give my life up for him!" My voice started wavering as I cried even more. "But now all that is worthless because he's gone..."

"Honey..."

I turned around. "No, leave me alone and join that stupid, idiotic, anti-vampire club!"

"Destinee." My mom touched my shoulder, but I shrugged her hand off and took a step away from her. I could tell that I hurt her, but I was also too hurt to care. She sighed and left the room.

I laid back down on my bed and buried my head into my pillows as I kept crying.

~Eleanor~

I knocked on Destinee's door with Danielle right beside me and her mother opened it a few moments later.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"Eleanor and this is Danielle. We're here to visit Destinee," I told her.

"Does she know you?"

"Yes, we're her friends from school."

"Go on upstairs. Her room is the second door on the right. Word of advice, don't call that bloodsucking creep a 'thing'."

I nodded.

Danielle sighed beside me and we headed up the stairs and into Destinee's room. It was the only room that had muffled crying on the other side.

Danielle opened the door and we slowly walked inside. The sight was just so sad. Destinee was an absolute mess.

"Destinee..." Danielle started then nudged me.

I glared at her and she gestured with her head to Destinee. I sighed. "We have to go back to school."

"Leave me alone!" She yelled into her pillow.

"You can't be mad at us. We're trying to protect you," Danielle said.

"I don't need your damn protection. Leave!"

Danielle sighed.

Destinee sat up and glared at us. "You both said that you loved them and yet the two of you talked crap about them the second you found out that they were vampires! Yes, they're vampires, so what? They're still humans! Now leave! I don't need hypocritical friends like you two!"

"Let's just go, El. She doesn't need our help," Danielle whispered to me and grabbed my arm as we walked out of her room.

~Destinee~

I woke up the next morning extremely exhausted, due to the fact that I had been crying all night.

I walked into my bathroom and noticed my red and bloodshot eyes. I sighed and started getting dressed for school.