Chapter 17

~Destinee~

I woke up to the warm sensation of the all too bright morning sun's rays on my eyes. I mentally cursed myself for not closing my curtains last night. I stretched and heard the sound of paper crunching.

"What?" I asked myself and looked to see the blue paper next to my pillow. So it really wasn't a dream. He actually did send me that letter.

I smiled wide and started getting ready for school. Once I was finished, I grabbed the letter, stuffing it into my pocket, my phone, bag, and headed downstairs. I walked into the kitchen to see my mom sipping her coffee and sketching away on her drawing pad.

"Hi, mom," I greeted her with a smile as I strolled into the kitchen.

She looked up, slightly startled, then recovered. "Uh, hi, sweetie. What's gotten into you?"

"Harry." I smiled.

She gave me look. "Desti-"

I sighed. I got the letter out and handed it to her. "Read this. Then tell me if he's really a bad guy.

I watched her facial expressions as she read Harry's letter. Her cold and suspicious features soon changed into one of a smile and she laughed at the end of the letter.

She looked up at me with a smile, which I gladly returned, then handed the note back. "I'm sorry, honey. I didn't know you two were so attached."

"It's alright. Well, I'm heading off to school."

"Here," she handed me a granola bar, "since you're not eating breakfast."

I took it from her. "Thanks, bye!" I kissed her cheek, grabbed my keys, and headed out to my car.

I drove to Danielle's house and walked up to her doorstep. I took a deep breath before knocking.

The door opens and Danielle froze at the sight of me.

I smiled softly and apologetically at her.

"You're talking to me again?" She asks, not rudely, but in disbelief.

I nodded at her. "Listen, I'm really sorry about the whole-"

I didn't even get to finish my sentence before she attacked me into a bone crushing hug.

"I missed you!" She screamed into my ear.

I laughed and she let go of me. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, as long as we're talking again."

I nodded. "C'mon, let's head over to Eleanor's. I have something to show the both of you," I told her with a wide smile.

"'Kay, just give me second to get my bag and we can go." With that said, she disappeared into her house before returning a minute later. "Alright, let's go."

We got into my car and drove over to Eleanor's. We walked up to her door and Danielle knocks while I hid behind her.

"Hey, Dani," Eleanor said as she opened the door.

I poked my head out from behind Danielle and smiled at Eleanor.

"Destinee?" Eleanor says with a wide smile on her face too.

I nod. "Sorry for ign-"

I was interrupted again by her screaming and attacking me in a hug.

"Girl, I've missed you!" She screamed then let go.

"Oh, I have something to show you two," I told them with a smile and took out the letter. I handed it to them and Danielle took it from me.

The two of them read it and were both laughing at the end.