Chapter 28

~Harry~

I ran as fast as I could and made it to my house in the matter of a second. I burst through the door and ran straight up to Simon's office.

"What the hell?! How come I'm here?!" I snarled furiously as I busted into the room, practically prying the door from its hinges.

"Harry?!" Simon's eyes widened and he was out of his seat in less than a second.

I caught sight of my reflection in the glass frame of a picture and saw that my eyes were still a bright red. I was hungry with thirst and only Destinee's blood can ease it.

"H-how?! I thought you were dead!" Simon exclaimed, clearly still in a state of shock.

"I was in Destinee's room, hugging her, when I got thirsty and her blood smelled really appealing. Then, out of nowhere, this pain started and I wanted to..." I drifted off. My eyes widened and shock went through me as I fully realized what I was about to do back in her room. I hung my head in shame.

"To what?" Simon asked gently as he came to stand in front of me.

"Hurt her... I'm such a monster. I don't want to hurt her. Ugh, I hate myself. Simon, what the hell is going on?! I'm supposed to be dead. I'm not supposed to be a vampire anymore!"

"Sorry, but I have no idea what's going on."

"I came back to life somehow. How did that happen?" My voice came out strained. I don't want to go back, but the demon inside me wants to go back and kill her to drink her blood... yet, I want those lips. I want her lips. I want her breakable body. I want to hold her...

"Harry, I don't think it's good for you to be in this condition. You're too weak from thirst. You need to go hunt," Simon instructed.

"I know that, but help me understand why I'm like this again. I've never wanted to hurt her. I don't understand why I do now..." I whispered.

I glared at Destinee because I wanted to attack her, but I also glared at her to make her go away so that she can be safe...

"Help me," I begged him. I took a seat on the chair in front of his desk and put my face in my hands. "I can't be near her..."

"I know. You're going to have to stay away from her for some time now. You're going to have to hunt as many animals as possible," Simon stated.

"Ugh, why can't I just die again?! I don't have to worry about killing her while I'm dead!"

"Harry, don't you understand? You're a vampire. You're already dead in a way. You destroyed yourself the first time, but you can't do it again. That's the way your powers work."

"No." I remembered the way her scent made my throat feel like it was lit by a wildfire. Damn this fucking pain.

"You have to go now and hunt. I'll go with you. Go get dressed."

I got up and ran to my room.

As soon as I opened the door, her scent hit me full force.

I had forgotten that she had been in here... in my bed.

My throat burned and I fell to my knees while clutching my neck.

I have never wanted blood so much before in all my years of being a vampire.

I took in a deep breath and that's when everything hit me.

All of the memories Destinee and I shared came back into my head. If I wanted to be by her side again, I would have to drink a lot and get used to her smell, even though it will torment me every single day.