Chapter 38

~Destinee~

I could hear the sound of another door being closed, but I kept my face buried into Harry's neck as he kept kissing my hair and reassuring me that he really was here with me. He sat down on the couch in his living room, but I stayed in the same position, too stubborn to let go of him. I was afraid that if I did, he'd fade away again and leave me alone in the darkness.

"Oh, I assume you told her?" Simon's voice stated, slightly amused.

I peeked up a bit to see him leaning against the threshold with his arms crossed and a smile on his face.

"Nah, you think so?" Was Harry sarcastic reply as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

I heard Simon chuckle at Harry's remark.

"Ha! Yes! Now, she can dump that asshole and I'll be able to kill him! Muahahaha!" Louis laughed evilly.

"Shut up," Harry told him in an aggressive tone, which made Louis silent in a second. "You're not killing anyone," Harry stated in a stern voice.

He's so hot when he's angry.

"Okay, geez," Louis frowned and slouched down onto the couch opposite of us.

I closed my eyes and clung even tighter onto Harry.

"Des," Harry whispered softly into my ear, "let go."

"No," my voice came out muffled against his chest.

He chuckled.

"Would you like us to leave the two of you alone?" Simon asked politely.

I felt Harry nod his head and I run my hand through his hair. It was still just as soft as I remembered, but much longer and he didn't have as much curls, more like waves, but it still smelled just as good.

"I'm sorry," he spoke gently into my ear.

"No, I'm sorry that I'm dating Zayn. Here, let me break up with him. Give me just a second," I pulled back from his chest and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I was about to call Zayn when Harry snatched the phone out of my hands in the nicest way possible.

"You don't want to do that right now," he told me.

I looked at him confused. "Why not?"

"You should listen to my explanation, and then you can do what you want," he stated in a serious tone.

I eyed him warily. "This sounds bad. I'd rather not know." Judging from his tone and facial expression, I can tell that it's really bad.

He closed his eyes and sighed before looking at me with a sad expression. "You need to know what happened." It's as if he was preparing himself for me to run away screaming. Was it that bad?

I nod. "Okay, tell me." I tried to appear confident, but I was slowly breaking on the inside.

"Remember the last day you saw me as a ghost?" He spoke softly.

"Yes," I whispered, getting the image in my head of him suffering. I winced. "You were in pain."

He nodded. "Well, when you went to the bathroom, I went to the closet because Louis was coming, and... I changed there. I came back to life." He was looking down now. "I only left because I wanted to...kill you."

My eyes went wide. What?

"Remember how I once said that even if I was dead, I'd still wanted your blood? That's exactly what happened. It was your blood that brought me back to life. You were about to come out of the bathroom and I was just outside the door. I froze Louis in place so he wouldn't have been able to interfere. I stood there, waiting for you to come out, but I constantly had to remind myself not to hurt you. So, I left."