Chapter 25

Harry.

Harry.

Harry.

My mind couldn't register what my eyes were seeing.

Harry was on the other side of the door, looking blue and transparent.

His ghost.

He used up all the energy in the room to make himself appear more clearly. It really was him; every feature, muscle, vain... everything. His body was facing me, but he was gripping onto the railing, looking down. Then he slowly looked up at me.

My breathing stopped. I subconsciously opened the door and slowly walked towards him. He let go of the railing and held his arms open, a small smile on his beautiful lips.

Would I be able to hug him?

So many memories flooded my mind and my eyes filled with tears.

I was now standing in front of him and his smile grew even more, one with his teeth. I could see through him, but it was okay. As long as I got to see him I was okay.

I raised my hand to see if I could touch him. He studied my hand as I brought it closer to his face. He smiled wider at me.

Oh did I mention what he was wearing?

He was wearing the exact same thing he wore on that cursed morning.

He raised his hand too and I froze. He gave me a reassuring smile before bringing his hand to my frozen one and intertwining our fingers together. It felt like I was holding an ice cube, or the hand of an ice sculpture. A gorgeous ice sculpture at that.

He let go of my hand abruptly and my eyes widened as I felt his arms wrap themselves around my waist.

Yep, definitely as cold and as hard as an ice sculpture.

Once I recovered from my shock, I wrapped my arms around his neck in return and closed my eyes, a smile on my lips, as I rested my head against his chest.

I didn't even realize that I was crying until I felt his arms constrict themselves around me. "I love you..." He whispered into my ear.

I tightened my grip around his neck. I didn't want this to end. I wanted him for forever. "I love you too," I sobbed.

"Go to sleep," he said in a calming voice.

No. I didn't want to go to sleep. I don't want to be in the darkness and not be able to see him anymore. I don't want to let go of him. I didn't care that I had school tomorrow. He was finally in my arms again. "No," I whined. "I need you."

I heard a small sob and it wasn't from me.

I pulled away and looked up at him. He was looking at me with a pained expression even though he wore a half smile, it didn't reach his eyes, which were glistening. He bit his lip. "I don't want you to be sad because of me... but I don't want to let you go..." He brings one hand to cup my face, and even though it was freezing, it felt incredibly warm at the same time. "You're going to move on and forget about me, you understand? You're going to live life without a care. Go find another guy and although I'll be watching and will want to rip him to shreds, I won't do anything. Just be happy for me. I'll always be watching you to protect you... even though it won't be with my flesh."

That was the longest thing he had ever said to me ever since he... died. Even though I didn't like what he was telling me, I still missed his voice. The 'be happy with another guy' just doesn't seem like something I wanted to do.

I pressed my face into his chest again.

The thing that made it worse though was that he was partly sobbing while saying it... as if he was trying to restrain himself from saying it.