Chapter 11

~Harry~

"Hi, Destinee. Welcome back," Simon says as he and Sarah walk into the living room.

"Hi," Destinee says back shyly and I can still feel her nerves growing.

"Hi, I'm Sarah, Harry's mom. Wow, you're beautiful. Nice choice, Harry." Sarah smiled and held her hand out to Destinee.

Destinee shook her hand and relaxed a bit. "Thank you. Your house is so beautiful."

"Thank you," Simon said. Are you sure, Harry? Do you want to risk our secret just to date her? Are you sure you won't hurt her? Are you sure we can trust her?

"Yes, Simon," I say politely even though I wanted to yell at him.

Simon sighed and looked at Destinee. "I need to ask you a few questions, if you don't mind."

"I don't. Ask away." She smiled.

"Take a seat."

I rolled my eyes at him and walked Destinee over to the loveseat and pulled her down beside me. I took both her hands in one of mine and wrapped the other around her waist.

She looked at me confused, but then looked back at Simon and Sarah. "What do you want to know?"

"Can we trust you?" Simon asks seriously.

"Yes," Destinee answers.

"Guys, I already asked her this and I made it very clear myself," I tell them.

"I know, but I have to know for myself," Simon says.

"I'm lost here," Destinee commented.

Simon laughed. "Sorry. I need to know that with whatever my son does to you, you won't tell anyone about us. Can we trust you with our secret?"

"What do you mean 'whatever my son does to you'? Is he supposed to hurt me?" Destinee's voice wavers. Why does she keep thinking that I'm going to hurt her?

"No! Why do you keep thinking that?!" I half-shouted in the quiet house.

Destinee cringed beside me, but I hugged her. "I would never hurt you, Destinee." I whisper soothingly into her hair.

I felt Destinee blush and my fangs popped out again. I held my breath and clenched my jaw.

"You two are so cute together! Destinee, are you hungry?" Sarah asks.

"No, I'm okay. Thank you though," Destinee declines politely. Simon and Sarah were very pleased to see that she had manners.

I let go of her and kissed her gently. "Go on up to my room. I need to talk with my dad for a bit."

"Okay," she agreed with no arguments and headed up the stairs.

"Dad?" I ask once I knew Destinee was on the second floor.

"Yes, Harry?"

"I need to ask you something." I tell him and start to grow a little uncomfortable.

"Go on."

"Will it...hurt her...if I...make...love to...her?" I asked him hesitantly and watched his face go from expressionless to surprise.

"Well, yes...we vampires get a little excited when it comes to this. So, if you and her were to...do it, it might be painful for her...though a lot of girls like it like that."

I took a second to absorb the information. "What would be the consequences though?"

"She would be really sore, have bruises, and have pain for a couple of days, but that's probably it."