Chapter 1

~Destinee~

I continued to gaze out of the window and watch the scenery change as we drove by. Here I go again.

A few days ago, my mom told me that we had to move because her work was transferring her. My mom works in the fashion industry and gets transferred to different locations that needed her help. This was probably the fifth time that we have had to move because of her job. I think the longest we've ever stayed in one place was about seven months, but on the plus side, I get free clothes.

Now, I had to say goodbye to New York and hello to London, England. I couldn't believe that I would have to start all over again! To be honest, I'm getting tired of all the moving. My mom promised that this would be the last time too. I really hope she meant it.

The sound of my mom's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Honey, I know you're upset, but this will be great! You shouldn't stress over little things. You'll meet new people and I'm sure you're going to like it here," she assures me as she exited the freeway.

I turned to look at her. Her long, straight black hair was flying crazily from the wind coming through the windows and her hazel eyes were hidden behind her sunglasses, but I knew that they were glancing at me every few minutes.

"Fine, I promise I won't make a big deal out of this, okay? But I'm going to miss all my friends," I sigh and look out the window again.

"Don't worry, I'm sure they'll miss you too," she continued, not letting the subject drop.

"Sure, well what school am I going to anyways?"

"Velveteen High, it's similar to your old school."

"Oh, so it's one of those rich schools?"

My mom sighed. "I know you don't like those types of rich people, but it's a very nice school. Plus the people there are nice not mean."

"Oh, you did your research? Great mom, you've turned into a stalker."

She laughed. "No, I didn't turn into a stalker."

I smiled at her. "Okay, just making sure."

A few minutes later, she pulled our car into the driveway of a very big house.

Did I mention that this is my first time seeing the house? I didn't? Well it is and its beauty blew me away.

The house had a nice bright white color on the outside with a garage that could park four cars in it.

My mom took out a garage door clicker and pressed a button.

As the door slowly rose, I started seeing a dark object. Once the door was fully up, I realized that the dark object was a car. Not just any car, a black Porsche. I looked at my mom to see her smiling at me.

"Is that...?" I trailed off and looked back at the car.

"Yup. This is your very own car. Consider it as an apology gift for all the moves."

I smiled widely at her and reached over and hugged her tightly. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I screamed and got out of the car and ran over to my new one.

I heard my mom laugh at my reaction as she got out of the car. "Treat it well," she tells me and tosses me the keys.

I catch them and let out a little excited squeal.

I ran back to the car and got my camera. It's a Nikon D200 Digital SLR professional camera. My dad had given it to me as a birthday present two years ago.