Season 1; Chapter 5

"Okay, so first things first, only allow them one hour of video games," Yleana told Henry as they walked to their houses. Henry was going to babysit Yleana's siblings.

"Only one hour?" Henry asked, "That's barely any time."

"Yeah but knowing my siblings, they've already played at least two hours today."

"Oh well then that makes sense."

"Yeah."

Henry and Yleana lived right next to each other. They had been friends since kindergarten and in summer after third grade, Yleana's family moved next to Henry's family.

They stopped walking when they reached the driveway to Henry's house and Yleana looked over to the porch.

"Well, I guess I'm gonna go inside and hang out with Piper now," Yleana said.

"Yeah," Henry said, "Hey, don't let her make you do things you don't want to do. If she causes any problems, just text me."

"Got it," Yleana said with a thumbs up, "And if my siblings start arguing or yelling... I'll actually probably hear so I'll come."

"Haha yeah."

"Okay, see you later."

"See you later."

Yleana walked up the driveway of Henry's house and knocked on the front door. Less than two seconds later, the door swung open and Piper was standing their, super excited.

"You're here!" Piper exclaimed, "Are you ready for a girls night?"

"Totally!" Yleana said.

Piper grabbed Yleana's hand and pulled her inside and upstairs to her room.

"Wait one second," Piper said and she hurried out of the room to grab something.

Yleana looked around the room. There was a pink bed, a white fur rug, two pink chairs by a white desk with a large mirror over it with bulb lights, a poster of Captain Man on the door, a zebra patterned lamp, and a large speaker. She had been in Piper's room several times before. One Friday every month, Piper invited her over for a sleepover.

"Okay I'm back," Piper said as she walked into the room holding a pink bag and slamming the door closed behind her. She turned back to Yleana and a grin formed on her lips, "We're going to do MAKEUP!"

"Oh I don't know Piper, I don't really wear makeup," Yleana said, looking at the makeup bag in Piper's hand with uncertainty.

"Well you will tonight," Piper said, "And it'll look fab because I'm going to do it!"

Yleana's eyes widened but before she could say anything, Piper pushed her down onto one of the pink chairs, took out the makeup, and starting applying it to Yleana's face.

"Done!" Piper said an hour later, "Look in the mirror. You'll love it!"

Yleana slowly turned to look in the mirror. Her eyes widened and her eyebrows shot up. She had neon blue eyeshadow on, bright red lipstick on, an orangey foundation on, a hot pink blush on, and an purple tinted highlighter on. She looked like a clown. Yleana took a moment to finally speak.

"I'm- I'm speechless," she stuttered, "It's... fantastic. I love it."

"I knew you would!" Piper exclaimed, "Now we need to take a picture."

"Oh, I don't think that's necessary," Yleana said.

"It is. And I want to be in it too so my envygram followers know who did such a beautiful job."

"Exactly how many envygram followers do you have?"

"2,348."

What? Piper was eight years old. Yleana ignored the fact that it was crazy Piper had so many followers and searched her brain for an excuse to get out of the picture.

"The mascara is starting to irritate my eyes, Piper," Yleana lied.

"Okay let's hurry up and take a picture then before it gets messed up," Piper said, shrugging.

"No, Piper, it's really starting to irritate them."

Yleana squinted her eyes and started forcing tears to make it really look like her eyes were irritated.

"I'm sorry, I have to take it off," Yleana said and she hurriedly picked up a makeup wipe and aggressively wiped the makeup off her face while Piper watched with an offended expression.

"So uh, what do you wanna do now?" Yleana asked after she finished taking the makeup off.

"I'm going to bed," Piper mumbled.

She frowned and walked to her bed where she climbed in and pulled the covers over her head. Yleana felt a slight pang of guilt but she just really didn't want anyone to see her with that makeup. She sighed and got into her sleeping bag on the floor where she dozed off to sleep.