Season 3; Chapter 3

"Checkmate," Charlotte said as she moved her queen across the board to capture Yleana's king.

"You win again," Yleana said with no tone of surprise in her voice.

They were playing chess in the man cave and they were the only ones there except for Schwoz who was stacking turkey and cheese sandwiches on a pig. Ray had left to go buy milk as Schwoz had requested it and Jasper and Henry were still at school, redoing a test they had failed on.

"Wanna play another round?" Charlotte asked, "I'm sure you'll win this time."

"You said that about the past nine rounds," Yleana told her, shaking her head, "I ain't playing to lose no more."

Charlotte shrugged and tossed the chess set into the trash as Ray didn't like when people did 'smart stuff' in the man cave. Yleana took her phone out and started scrolling through her envygram as she was super bored.

The sound of someone coming down the tube was heard and Ray soon was down it. He walked into the man cave carrying three cartons of blue milk which raised confused expressions from Yleana and Charlotte. Schwoz grinned and took the milk from Ray and ran to his room, laughing for some odd reason. Yleana shook her head and went to scrolling through clickclock.

"Was that blue milk?" Charlotte questioned.

Ray nodded and said, "Schwoz wanted it for some reason. Don't ever question the things that man does because you most likely don't want to hear the answers."

Charlotte nodded in understanding and Yleana just ignored him as she was too busy watching clickclocks.

"Hey," Ray said, snapping to get Yleana's attention, "Kid!"

It was as though Yleana couldn't hear him even though she could. She simply kept ignoring him and watched the clickclocks. A smile grew on her face and Ray tilted his head a bunch in confusion at what she was smiling at.

"Yleana!" he shouted.

When she still didn't answer, he snatched her phone out of her hands to see what she was doing.

"Hey!" Yleana complained.

"What is this?" Ray asked as he looked at her screen which was showing Henry do a clickclock dance, "Is that Henry? You were smiling at Henry?"

Yleana scowled and yanked her phone back out of Ray's hands.

"I wasn't smiling at Henry," she said, "I was smiling because... he was failing at doing the dance... and it was funny."

"Because he was failing at doing the dance and it was funny?" Ray repeated.

"Mhm, yeah."

"I saw that clickclock he made," Charlotte told Yleana as she got out of her seat, "But he actually did the dance really well so I don't know why-"

She stopped mid-sentence as her jaw dropped. Ray looked at her with his brows furrowed in confusion. She pointed at Yleana with a grin on her face.

"You like Henry," she said smartly.

"What?" Yleana said, trying to look as though this was very wrong news, "No, I don't. Of course I don't."

Ray caught on with what Charlotte had figured out and he too pointed at Yleana and said, "You do! I can't believe it, you like Henry!"

"I don't!" Yleana exclaimed, "I've known him since I was four years old, I could never like him the way you guys are thinking!"

"There's only one way to find out if what we think is true," Ray said, "SCHWOZ!"

Schwoz hurried into the room wearing a toga and sombrero which was a rather weird combination.

"Yes?" he asked.

"We need the lie detector machine," Ray said.

"What, no but that's for important stuff o-"

"We need to find out if Yleana likes Henry as more than a friend."

A grin made its way to Schwoz's face and he went to get the lie detector machine. Yleana groaned and rolled her eyes as Charlotte and Ray excitedly waited for Schwoz to come back with the machine. He soon walked back into the room pushing a small machine.

"Sit," Schwoz ordered Yleana.

"Wh-" Yleana started but was cut off as Charlotte pushed her down to sit.

Schwoz wrapped something around Yleana's arm that looked like a blood pressure cuff. He turned the machine on and pressed a few buttons then turned to Charlotte and Ray to wait for them to ask Yleana the question.

"Yleana," Ray said, "Do you like Henry?"

"No," Yleana responded.

"She's lying," Schwoz said after a second or two.

Ray raised his fist to pump the air with it but Charlotte stopped him as she said, "Wait, wait, wait. That could've meant as a friend."

"Oh right," Ray said, "Yleana, do you like Henry as more than a friend?"

"No, I'm telling you, I don't," she replied.

Charlotte and Ray looked over to Schwoz who was watching the screen of the machine. A grin formed on his lips and he looked over to them.

"It's a lie," he informed them.

Charlotte and Ray started victory dancing because they had been right.

"Okay, okay!" Yleana shouted, "Maybe I do like him but hey! Do not tell anyone, especially Henry."

Ray and Charlotte nodded in understanding and Yleana stared at them for a moment before shaking her head and looking back at her phone. The sound of the elevator coming down was heard and Henry and Jasper walked out of it.

"Well speak of the devil," Ray said as he opened his arms in welcome.

Henry gave him a confused look then sat down next to Yleana and pulled out the test paper that he had recently finished.

"Guess what?" Henry said, smiling widely at Yleana, "I did something that you'll be proud of."

"What?" Yleana asked as she put her phone in her pocket to give her attention to Henry.

Henry showed his test paper to Yleana which had an A-minus on it, "I got an A on the makeup test! Well, an A-minus but still!"

"What, Henry, that's amazing!" Yleana exclaimed because Henry rarely got As on his tests.

"Thanks!"

"What did you get, Jasper?" Charlotte asked as she turned to him.

"Hm?" Jasper hummed as he looked over at them. He looked down at his makeup test paper in his hands and said, "Oh," then crumbled it up into his mouth which received very weird looks.

"Yeah, okay then," Ray said as he looked at Jasper like he was the strangest kid on the planet.

"Group hug Henry everybody!" Charlotte announced while giving a wink to Jasper, Ray, and Schwoz.

They all went in to hug Henry but right as Yleana had put her arms around Henry, the others moved away, snickering quietly to themselves. Yleana's face flushed red with embarrassment as she quickly let go of Henry. Ray started laughing very loudly and Henry raised an eyebrow at him.

"What? Best friends can't hug?" he asked.

Ray just simply closed his mouth and raised his eyebrows. He winked at Henry and mouthed 'mhm best friends'. Henry rolled his eyes at Ray and Yleana pulled her phone back out and continued watching clickclock as she slumped down in her seat, still very embarrassed.